AGT Future Enterprise D INCOMPLETE

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: 'All Good Things' Future Enterprise D

Post by el gato »

asmcelhinney, I'm going to fully support you in this endeavor out of pure, unadulterated, shameless self interest. Dying to see what you do with it so I can gleefully copy you. An AGT E-D is on my future (no pun intended) build docket.
Moongrim wrote:Is it just me, or are the secondary hull's impulse engines exhausting directly onto the the third nacelle's pylon?
See the thread about the location of the main hangar bay and the sensor pylon on the Nebula Class :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

To bad your not building a 1/1400 scale. I have the conversion from macro trek I want to trade or get rid of. Cant wait to see what you do!
asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney »

curt wrote:To bad your not building a 1/1400 scale. I have the conversion from macro trek I want to trade or get rid of. Cant wait to see what you do!
Damn that's tempting! But I want to keep to building a 1/2500 fleet as much as possible.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

My fledgling YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapanurgleForums
Max Nex
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Max Nex »

curt wrote:To bad your not building a 1/1400 scale. I have the conversion from macro trek I want to trade or get rid of. Cant wait to see what you do!
what does that look like?
I built one with a skyhook conversion IIRC?
(next Galaxy class ship will be Excalibur)
asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney »

Well the AGT conversion kit and the battlehead were ordered with a bunch of decals from Federation Models a week ago... I'm itching to get started! Hoping to get some sort of order dispatched email or tracking details soon, assuming they do that?

Trying to figure out whether to get two sets of Ent D aztecs from Acreation or ask them to do a custom AGT 'upgrade sheet'. Hmm.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

well first thing is good luck getting a reply from acreation via email and if he does do a custom set its probly gonna cost ya a bit since its a one off set .. ive been waiting 2 years or more the the protector azteks to come out and its always in june or july .. last update said by end of last year but still nothing ... dont get me wrong i think his decals sets are good and lay down nice and clean but hes seems to be slow getting some things out .. course his puter crashed begining of year so has to redo some stuff he lost ..
would be nice to see some for the future D in both 1/2500 and 1/1400 for the conversions
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

zookman wrote:well first thing is good luck getting a reply from acreation via email and if he does do a custom set its probly gonna cost ya a bit since its a one off set .. ive been waiting 2 years or more the the protector azteks to come out and its always in june or july .. last update said by end of last year but still nothing ... dont get me wrong i think his decals sets are good and lay down nice and clean but hes seems to be slow getting some things out .. course his puter crashed begining of year so has to redo some stuff he lost ..
would be nice to see some for the future D in both 1/2500 and 1/1400 for the conversions
Not to mention 1/1000, or 1/350. :mrgreen:
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney »

Food for thought, thank you zookman. Perhaps going down the masking route will be worthwhile, there are some fine examples of home made masks here and elsewhere.

Plenty of time to mull it over.

Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder »

There's a guy at the Macrossworld forums that's been doing aztecing on Trek and BSG models with art pencils. He'll do a section, fix it with clear coat, then move onto the next part.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Greyryder wrote:There's a guy at the Macrossworld forums that's been doing aztecing on Trek and BSG models with art pencils. He'll do a section, fix it with clear coat, then move onto the next part.
Yowza.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”