AGT Future Enterprise D INCOMPLETE

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: 'All Good Things' Future Enterprise D

Post by el gato »

Greyryder wrote:There's a guy at the Macrossworld forums that's been doing aztecing on Trek and BSG models with art pencils. He'll do a section, fix it with clear coat, then move onto the next part.
Whoa!
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney »

Well... still waiting on the AGT kit from Federation Models. After not hearing from them I emailed and eventually found a reply in my spam folder saying that the kit was being re-ordered (not that it was listed as out of stock when I purchased it) - that was two weeks ago, the order placed a month ago now. No communication at all. Sad face.

However, I am building an anti-time anomaly (or maybe its just what I ate), so that's fun.

More soon?

***tumbleweed***
"No matter where you go, there you are."

My fledgling YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapanurgleForums
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

It's a great little conversion kit. I picked one up about six months ago. I also have the conversion kit for the Sovereign Class drednaught variant that I want to get around to building. Maybe after this contest is over.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

If I had any confidence that it would get to you in a timely manner I'd lend you my set
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney »

Got one of the dreaded customs charges letters. I don't mind the tax, but the handling fee really bothers me. Ah well, progress soon.

asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney »

After a lot of nothing going on, I finally received the goods from Fed models (how I love customs charges and Parcel Farce).

So now I have a bunch of resin bits to make fit onto a 1/2500 Ent-D. The parts aren't bad. Like any resin kit a fair amount of work is required but there are now major problems, bubbles or warping.

I've removed the plastic neck to accommodate the 'battlehead, and need to make its female counterpart for the inside of the saucer, probably with simple press-molding and a load of green stuff.

Lighting the solid nacelles is going to be a challenge, the deflector however, a piece of cake. Glutton for punishment that I am, I wonder about lighting the hull impulse engines, but that would require a lot of very careful drilling. As for windows - well, I doubt it. With time constraints, the size of the kit, and the separation element... Hmm.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

My recommendation would be to drill from the back/inside of the impulse piece and leave the detail as is at the front. If you carve out as close as possible to the front, the LED will shine through the resin and you won't have to worry about recreating the cast detail.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Marked as incomplete. Please PM me if you want this thread copied to another section.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”