USS Monoceros NX-601 (final pics p 3)

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: USS Monoceros, NX-601

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Engines aligned via hair dryer.
Balance point discovered, and ready for drilling for the mounting bar.

Still need to smooth out the Neck hole fill a bit more.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:20 pm

Primed and ready for painting.

Not Shown: My accidentally drilling through the top of the saucer, for the mount. More use of Apoxy sculpt and white putty to cover the top of the metal post.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

patrickivan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by patrickivan » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:37 am

What's that Endeavour Class Starship kit I see on page 1? :?:

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:14 pm

It's a kit I purchased from JT Graphics:
http://www.jt-graphics.com/MK_JTG.html
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:52 am

All progress has ground to halt whilst I attempt to find an SSRI/Antidepressant that doesn't give me insomnia (all night), make my chest hurt, or give me an emotional roller coaster.
- J.L.Picard.

4EyeDuncan
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by 4EyeDuncan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 am

Moongrim wrote:All progress has ground to halt whilst I attempt to find an SSRI/Antidepressant that doesn't give me insomnia (all night), make my chest hurt, or give me an emotional roller coaster.
I just started on Effexor. It's not without its side effects, but so far, I am feeling much better; like the clouds are starting to finally part.

Hang in there.

Btw, the build looks GREAT!!!
- When the brake lights of the car in front of you makes you think, "Cool impulse engines!" it may be time to take a break from scale modeling~

Q'apla!!!!

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:14 pm

They started me with celexa and I saw a difference rather quickly. It will get better but may take a bit to get the right meds.

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:41 pm

On celexa now. Second day. Chest isn't hurting as much (almost gone). And I managed around 7 hours of sleep. Anxiety is much much less.
- J.L.Picard.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Have you had a chance to work on it some more?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:46 pm

el gato wrote:Have you had a chance to work on it some more?
Many chances- yes. Actually had enough enthusiasm after getting back from hospital. Started working on it again the last couple of nights. :D
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”