USS Monoceros NX-601 (final pics p 3)

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

USS Monoceros NX-601 (final pics p 3)

Post by Moongrim » Wed May 14, 2014 4:32 pm

After much hemming and hawing, I've chosen to settle onto something fairly simple, yet different enough to be a challenge:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprint ... d_(nx-601)

The U.S.S. Monoceros, NX- 601. Soon I will pull the necessary parts out of the kit pile and take photos.
Last edited by Moongrim on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Re: My Entry May 14, 2014

Post by Moongrim » Wed May 14, 2014 4:34 pm

But before I begin on this one (officially putting things together) I will endeavor to wrap up the current job I'm working on.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

bunnyast
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by bunnyast » Tue May 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Something different but every time I see those nacelles I always think they are upside down :D .

And 'Endeavour', I see what you did there ;)

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Tue May 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Good to see someone can appreciate a good pun.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Re: USS Monoceros, NX-601

Post by Moongrim » Fri May 30, 2014 11:11 pm

In the initial stages.
- J.L.Picard.

Max Nex
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Max Nex » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:54 pm

looking forward to your build
nice to see the FSRC getting done in plastic!

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Relatively simple- getting the bridge module inserted into the top so that it looks good. Using a dremel and a small rat tail I was able to get the pylon mounts in fairly well.

I drew all of the lines in an effort to maintain 'squareness' when putting in the warp engine pylons.
I kept the pylons intact during the install onto the top half of the saucer. Then cut off the bottom portion of the 'V" to insure that I could fit the bottom half of the saucer.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Here I've got both halves of the saucer together curing the CA. I decided to put in the Modular Models extended Engineering piece because I felt that Engineering would already substantially reduced due to the bracing necessary to keep the Warp Engines in their dual mode.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Ventral side of curing. I've already plugged up the 'neck hole'. Apoxy Sculpt, and some white putty for fine details. It's difficult to sand down to maintain a smooth appearance.
- J.L.Picard.

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Curing time for Warp Engine Emplacement. Instead of doing both engines at the same time and screwing up their squareness, I went ahead and did one at a time.

And ended up screwing their squareness anyway. :roll:
Starboard engine ended up leaning towards the midline.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”