Modeling group for Veterans with PTSD!

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
medixwerkeshoppe
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Modeling group for Veterans with PTSD!

Post by medixwerkeshoppe »

Greetings All!

I'm Mike and I'd like to introduce to you our private group for Veterans with PTSD.

https://www.gofundme.com/20o9m8

The Warfighters Modelers Consortium is a Privately Led Group of PTSD Veterans that use modeling and replica building to help build a sense of community, self-worth and camaradie in a low stress environment.

Model building itself is great for reintegration, coordination strengthening and trust among members of our group to cope with anxiety provoking situations -- all resulting in higher confidence and greater sense of self-worth and passion, and control in life. I feel it is the least I can do with my skills is to give back to them for sacrificing so much for our country.

This group is a peer group that also allows veterans talk over their challenges with other veterans. Each Veteran will have a project to work on until he or she is completed.

With this fund we will buy the projects, supplies and tools to make it all happen.

Any ideas or donations to our group would be much appreciated!

Thank You for taking the time to read and check our site!

Thank You so Much for looking!

Mike
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: Modeling group for Veterans with PTSD!

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Fantastic idea, made my donation... may the recipient of the models enjoy working on it as much as I like working on mine.
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
medixwerkeshoppe
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

MEATLOAFr you are the bomb!

I can't believe we're just 4 days into our drive for the "Warfighters Modeling Consortium" and we're up to $90.00! I want to thank everyone for helping with this.

I can't tell you how much this means to our group as we buy the tools and supplies needed for start our builds.

https://www.gofundme.com/Warfighter-Modelers

Once Again...Thank You so Much!

Mike
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

It's no problem, glad to help with what I can

maybe later on I can put a little more in
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
medixwerkeshoppe
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

I'm so stoked! last night we hit $140 in Donations online and an addt'l $25 dollars through a private donor inperson!

Thanks everyone for help making this happen! This can't happen without your help!

Warfighters Modelers Consortium by Mike Lakowski - GoFundMe
Go4Fun
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Go4Fun »

I just found this. While I was in the military there was not a war we were involved in (publicly) but I still battle PTSD. I would explain if I could but I can't. When I get the spare money I will send a donation as I know how much modeling has helped me to deal with the problems I face.

Return to “Off Topic”