Feeling social. Where's everyone from? What's your ideal Ship Class? And what would you name her?

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Feeling social. Where's everyone from? What's your ideal Ship Class? And what would you name her?

Post by patrickivan »

I know I can get locations from social profiles here, but I'm just feeling social. And thought this would be fun.

I'll start.

I'm in Alliston, Ontario (about 75 minutes north, north west of Toronto).

I'm torn on my favorite class ship, but I'm leaning to a:
Constitution refit, early c2270's.

And being a fan of Canada and pro First Nations, I'd like to be able to name my ship the Tecumseh. It's not a perfect honorarium for both groups, but it's something. And I'd want approval from associated First Nations groups.

My ship alternative would be a Galaxy Class. The purist of long range exploration vessels as far as I'm concerned.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Feeling social. Where's everyone from? What's your ideal Ship Class? And what would you name her?

Post by Tesral »

I reside in Dearborn, Michigan. The only spot in the contiguous United States north of Canada.

My favorite canon ship is the Connie refit, fairest of then all. Feeling quirky it would be ghaH wa' Qaghmey, or "She is one of ours" in Klingon.

I also design my own ships and the Manta class is one of my favorites of my own designs. It happens to be the avatar I use as well. She is the Questing CB5.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Feeling social. Where's everyone from? What's your ideal Ship Class? And what would you name her?

Post by patrickivan »

Tesral wrote:I reside in Dearborn, Michigan. The only spot in the contiguous United States north of Canada.

My favorite canon ship is the Connie refit, fairest of then all. Feeling quirky it would be ghaH wa' Qaghmey, or "She is one of ours" in Klingon.

I also design my own ships and the Manta class is one of my favorites of my own designs. It happens to be the avatar I use as well. She is the Questing CB5.
Bwahhaaaaaa- that's awesome! I'd love to see the Klingon's reaction to that hail when they meet for the first time!

I have family that I never see in Michigan. And used to haul autoparts back from Warren, every bloody night.
TrekMD
Head of Starfleet Medical
Head of Starfleet Medical

Post by TrekMD »

OK, I'll bite. :)

I'm originally from Puerto Rico but I live in Miami, Florida.

My most favorite ship class is the upgraded Constitution-class with the Legacy-class as the second choice. As to what I'd name my starship, either class, I'd name USS Taino to honor the indian tribes from Puerto Rico.
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Howdy! I'll play along, too, I guess.

I'm originally from just South of Kansas City, MO, tho currently reside in Central Arkysaw. Tho, like Russell Nash, I've lived "lot of different places" in between - Kansas, Colorado, South Dakota, Arkansas, New Mexico, and the Republic of (South) Korea. I've also "visited" a number of other countries, all thanks to my Uncle Sugar, tho that's an entirely different line of questioning....

My ideal ship class is the Enterprise (Refit)-class. There are plenty of minor variants you can make from the basic layout to sort of make it "your own", so to speak. Bridges, impulse decks, photorp decks, warp nacelles and warp nacelle pylons, as well as the connecting dorsal ("neck").

I've sorta already built and named her - Enterprise-class Potemkin, NCC-1711. Another favorite name of mine is Bonaventure, NCC-1845, and I intend to build another Enterprise-class variant of her.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
WarpNein
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by WarpNein »

I'm from Northern Virginia and still live there.

My ideal ship class? I love the refit Consitution, but the Odyssey is really starting to grow on me now that I have an actual model of her and can see her from all angles. The only things I would change are to beef up the pylons and round off the blunt end of the secondary hull. And she needs a big ass AGT-style phaser lance. The ship would combine comfort and exploration with overwhelming firepower, capable of conducting diplomacy whenever feasible and laying waste to the enemy whenever necessary. I'd call her the Retribution. If course, such an instrument demands careful and considered deployment. You wouldn't send a ship of such scope to solve minor disputes. She would be the result of a Federation projecting an increasing sphere of influence with quantum slipstream drive bringing new contacts with aggressive species, and a bit of a capitulation from the Federation's doves to it's hawks. Any who would captain her would acknowledge the need for dreadnoughts while also bearing I mind that deterrents can easily become incitements if they are used poorly.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Most of the ships I name in STO I pick something from Norse mythology - usually something that I'm thinking about at that moment
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!

Return to “Off Topic”