UGSF Proteus

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: UGSF Proteus

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Griffworks wrote:I would if I could! I think if you liked TOS alright, and really liked the movie as much as you seem to that you'd really enjoy the new LiS series. I feel it's pretty damned good! Tho I might have a couple more brain cells that mis-fire than I originally thought because I've watched it all the way thru three times, soo.... :roll:
3 times :o I still haven't gotten thru it once - can't focus on it with kids around and awake, I downloaded it from Netflix on a tablet so when I move I should still be able to watch them while/after moving
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

I kinda liked the 1998 movie! The special effects were awesome and the soundtrack was phenomenal!

I just don't like William Hurt or Jared Harris as actors.

Still Matt LeBlanc killed it and saved the show! Both literally and figuratively!

Anyway, carry on with your model building eye candy, WarpNein, Sir! :D

Steve
WarpNein
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by WarpNein »

MSgtUSAFRet wrote:I kinda liked the 1998 movie! The special effects were awesome and the soundtrack was phenomenal!

I just don't like William Hurt or Jared Harris as actors.

Still Matt LeBlanc killed it and saved the show! Both literally and figuratively!

Anyway, carry on with your model building eye candy, WarpNein, Sir! :D

Steve
I'll second the soundtrack. Bruce Broughton did the score for the film, and he did two movies I loved as a child, Homeward Bound and The Rescuers Down Under. The latter was actually a pretty awesome Disney movie, being a wonderfully animated theatrically released sequel that bettered the original (unlike most of their direct to DVD cash-in crap.) The flight sequences reminded me on some of Miyazaki's movies, since he's infatuated with flying and works such a sequence into many of his films. And it's got George C. Scott.
WarpNein
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by WarpNein »

Starting the fusion drive. It's simple now, but it's going to get a helluva lot more complex. I figured this would be a hard piece.
Proteus Model 25.png
WarpNein
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by WarpNein »

Coming along.
Proteus Model 26.png
Proteus Model 27.png
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Part of my confusion with this build is I don't recall what the Porteus looked like.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
WarpNein
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by WarpNein »

Tesral wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:13 am Part of my confusion with this build is I don't recall what the Porteus looked like.
There are a lot of details that are only visible in quick sequences so it's hard to get an overall idea just from the film, which is why the backstage photos have come in handy.
WarpNein
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by WarpNein »

Slowly but surely. This may actually be the most complex part of this thing, but it's nearly done. All I need after that are the docking ports and the sails. Then I have to rescale it and prepare it for printing. Hopefully it will be completed this weekend.
Proteus Model 28.png
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Kremin »

Griffworks wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:02 am Both are great scales. With Warpnein building this model as he is, there is a potential for it to be built in SEVERAL scales. Personally, I'd love to see the Proteus and Jupiter 2 from the LiS Movie printed in 1/1000 scale, as well as the Jupiter's from the new LiS series printed in the same scale.

You can also have them in 1/350, 1/537, 1/100, 1/2500, etc....

We can - potentially - have one in All The Scales! :mrgreen:
I've got a TOS J2 in 1/350 (Actually 3) the other 2 (Film and new series) would be great additions
Griffworks wrote:Yeah it is!

Semi-OT question - what do you think of the new LiS that’s on Netflix?
[/quote]
Enjoying it quite a lot so far
WarpNein wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:26 am
Tesral wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:13 am Part of my confusion with this build is I don't recall what the Porteus looked like.
There are a lot of details that are only visible in quick sequences so it's hard to get an overall idea just from the film, which is why the backstage photos have come in handy.
It felt very underused in the movie
WarpNein
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by WarpNein »

I'm bringing the Proteus' fusion drives online.
Proteus Model 29.png
Proteus Model 30.png
Proteus Model 31.png
Proteus Model 32.png
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C49bEUB3HBs[/youtube]

I think that came out very well. It's been a bear, but I'm actually really proud of this thing. It just needs a few more pieces (the docking ports and the sails above the core), then I'll start running it through the printing programs for preparation. Hopefully that won't be an ordeal it and of itself.

Return to “Off Topic”