UGSF Proteus

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
WarpNein
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: UGSF Proteus

Post by WarpNein » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Griffworks wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:15 am
I don't have any input, because I'm not sure exactly what you need/want?

Well, other than to say that I love the work you've put into it. It'll be a nice, impressive model when complete. Of that I have no doubt!
The reason I ask is that this is going to be expensive even in Versatile Plastic. Now modelers are pretty devoted to their hobby, but I've observed several times people will express interest in something and then for whatever reason fail to follow through. That's not meant to imply dishonesty on their part. It's simply the case that real life intervenes, and that's only going to get worse for something as large as this. So is there actually anyone interested in building it. I'm still correcting a few of the components. There are some small details that get clipped off even at 1/2500, which is quite large for this ship. At smaller scales most of it is going to disappear completely. And then there's the issue of space. This is a huge model.

I had hoped to contribute a portion of the sales to AST's finances, but if no one is actually interested in one that kind of obviates that point.

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: UGSF Proteus

Post by Tesral » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:31 am

Unless you have commitments, it is something you build for yourself.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “Off Topic”