Official Current Pet Peeves Thread

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Official Current Pet Peeves Thread

Post by curt »

Moongrim wrote:
zookman wrote:wasnt a couple of the models in the next generation built wrong also .. seems like a refit had its engines on backwards if i remember right or was it on the wrong sides

Apropos this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Trek-Enter ... 3aae316ad2

WARNING!!! May cause eye-damage!
Really what the heck... Looks like the miami sound machiene exploded all over the screen...

Did you catch the buy it now price?
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

curt wrote:Really what the heck... Looks like the miami sound machiene exploded all over the screen...

Arrrrrgghhhhhh! You said "like"!

My head is... going to...like... EXPLODE!

"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Yeah I caught the buy now price. That has got to be some serious self confidence to even bother asking.

I always enjoy a good belly laugh. I can't tell if this is for real or a joke.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

And then there's this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/USS-Mystic-star ... 2030577362

Oh for heaven's sake. I wonder what the inspiration for it was?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

trekriffic wrote:
curt wrote:Really what the heck... Looks like the miami sound machiene exploded all over the screen...

Arrrrrgghhhhhh! You said "like"!
It's OK trekriffic, No need to blow. He used "like" as a simile, not as a word/pause filler.
Moongrim wrote:And then there's this:

Strangely enough, this design does not bother me. It's a clever kitbash, not one I would use, mind you, but it's better than others I have seen on eBay. Now the thing going for $152 does bother me.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

The scroll wheel died on my trackball. Bummer. It's not too much of an inconvenient as I have a second one, but the model isn't made anymore.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Moongrim wrote:And then there's this:

Well what do ya know? Someone bought it.
- J.L.Picard.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

Right now, my biggest pet peeve is the asshats in my subdivision who are launching fireworks IN VIOLATION OF THE SUBDIVISION RULES! This is a friggin' mobile home park, for cripes' sake. These homes are tinderboxes on pillar foundations! And you're firing off air-burst fireworks? Frackin' morons!

Reason #284,576 why I'm very, very happy that we're closing on our new house next Friday and getting the hell outta this place by the end of the month!
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Lonewolf wrote:Right now, my biggest pet peeve is the asshats in my subdivision who are launching fireworks IN VIOLATION OF THE SUBDIVISION RULES! This is a friggin' mobile home park, for cripes' sake. These homes are tinderboxes on pillar foundations! And you're firing off air-burst fireworks? Frackin' morons!

Reason #284,576 why I'm very, very happy that we're closing on our new house next Friday and getting the hell outta this place by the end of the month!
Here's hoping you can make it to the end of the month- unscorched.

I can grok completely where you're coming from, after my PTSD reaction a couple of years ago to what sounded like 21 mortar rounds in a row fired off at 2 in the morning at what sounded like just outside my bedroom window.

Most times around this holiday it's rained within a couple of days- not this year. It's like a tinderbox now. The local fire department is pleading for folks to be sane. (Yeah Right!). I fully expect the local ER's to do their usual brisk business involving the lost of a finger or two and all degrees of burns.
- J.L.Picard.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

My neighbors have the British on the ropes and should drive them into the sea by about 2 AM. I bought a new sword instead.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “Off Topic”