Contest final stages delayed

Theme: Anything goes! The build deadline for participants is October 1st. This contest is closed.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Greetings! :vulcan:

A participant (who shall remain nameless) contacted me about extending the deadline by one week. However, since I've only had one request I feel doing so would show favoritism.

I will only do this if I receive multiple requests. Additionally, if you've withdrawn and feel you can make it with some extra time, let me know.

Would it be of help if you had more time?

Thanks,
Xen

Edit: After a flurry of PM's and posts I have decided to extend the build deadline to October 8th.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: Deadline extension: Yay or Nay?

Post by Moongrim » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:18 pm

I've already finished- but I say in the spirit of generosity- Yay.

If one is THAT close, I'd like to see someone get a chance to finish. :D
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:36 pm

I agree with moon. It.wont help me as work kind of screwed me up the last few months. But if someone is that close sure I would like to see what they did :)

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:44 pm

I agree. Im for it. That way there are more that are done. Im going to make the original deadline but just barely lol.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Build deadline extension: October 8th

Post by Xen » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Thanks for the posts and PM's to cast your vote. I will be extending the deadline by one more week as several participants said this would allow them to finish. The build deadline has now been moved to October 8th.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:42 pm

As you may have noticed I haven't had the time to check each build, mark them as done (or not) and start the voting process. I will do what I can when time allows. However, expect further delays due to RL.

MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Re: Contest final stages delayed

Post by MEATLOAFr » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:56 am

Xen wrote:As you may have noticed I haven't had the time to check each build, mark them as done (or not) and start the voting process. I will do what I can when time allows. However, expect further delays due to RL.
RL sucks.... I'm much cooler on-line
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:17 am

Real life delays? Say it aint so, lol. Completely understandable here :)

saiyagohan
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by saiyagohan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:36 am

Well since the contest and rules has had exceptions made and extensions made to it, and people allowed to enter past the deadline and from what I saw on FB that some models were started 3 to 4 moths before the contest even started well I say lets give the extention until November 1st or even December 1st. Then every contestant can finish their models. Hopefully by then RL hopely will be over and we can finally pick a winner. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just figure that it really isnt a contest anymore since allowances were made and rules were broken, so since we've come this far lets just go all the way. Sorry but this is how I feel and I do not want to upset anyone by what I'm saying here and if it does I'm very sorry.

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:24 pm

That should probably be a criteria for the next contest. Something along the lines of:

"Previously-started builds are not eligible for participation. Only new builds will be considered, and a time/date stamped photo must be submitted to show the unbuilt kit in the beginning stage."

That's how it's been on a couple of contests I've participated in over on HobbyLink Japan. The very first thing you have to post in your build threads are time/date stamped photos showing the kit box, and then the parts on the trees. It's proof of beginning construction. It levels the playing field, giving everyone who's taking part the same amount of time. If the amount of time is the same for everyone, then it's the difficulty of the kit and the skill of the builder that are the variables that determine the winner.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

Return to “2014 AST "Make It So" Model and Miniature Contest (Closed)”