WTF GTFO!!??!!
17%

Total votes: 6

MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

White Decal Funding Drive **UPDATES**

Post by MEATLOAFr »

I have been shown an option that makes printing white decals much more affordable, but I do not (and do not see anytime soon) have the funds available to jump on this.

My question is... what is feasibility that IF i did a crowd fund campaign that people would donate funds for? I'm just afraid that if I did one it would flop again.

And what incentives should I have for said donations?
I do know that all other crowd funding I have done in the past have been utter failures
The one I did years ago only was donated to by one person for $100(and I forget who that person was... sorry, if you're out there please let me know). Another I did for my wife when she broke her ankle last year (on my birthday even) only received 1 donation of $10) so doing another is nerve racking

The target I have in mind is only $1,000 USD, that's more than enough for the printer and extra cartridges. I have enough from recent sales to cover decal paper, and already have designs ready to go - as a few of you have ordered from me in the past, or have seen my work

I also know as a site we are leary about these types of things (that why I posted in the classified section) and that last guy that did this I have yet to hear if he's even ever delivered anything, and that his "set up and design" prices were outrageous - and his per full page price were too. Let alone that when looking at said site - no Trek or anything other than war-hammer listed for sale (sorry if I sound bitter)

please feel free to comment or message me if needed
Last edited by MEATLOAFr on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Feasibility Question

Post by Tesral »

I will back this. Heck I talked him into it I feel I should. The lack of white since the death of ALPS has been a thorn in the side of decal makers. The standard solution runs 3200 bucks and that is a lot of deer.

We found a viable solution for less than a third of that. It is still pricier by far than a standard color laser printer.

I talked it over with my Wife. If I personally did this I would still have to monetize the bastard. I don't have a decal business. MEATLOAFr does. It is better to back him.

And Loaf, make sure the thing is going to work for this. Price per page and the works. Rewards should be decals of course. How much you back depends on how much you get.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Tesral wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:32 pm And Loaf, make sure the thing is going to work for this. Price per page and the works. Rewards should be decals of course. How much you back depends on how much you get.
The best I can think of for “rewards” is a percentage credit to use for future purchases, I think up 75% could be used at a time, not including shipping. That way I don’t get slammed and go broke filling orders all at once.
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by shiftdel »

I´ll donate even if I am not going to buy any decals so soon, just to support your effort, MEATLOAFr, of course it would depends on how much the individual contribution would be.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

ok, gofundme page has been set up

https://www.gofundme.com/MEATLOAFr
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

One donation for $100, 1/10th just right there
Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Post by Kratok »

I'm in.
And I sent you a related PM.

Have to run for the evening, but will check available funds and make a pledge next visit.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Have 2 donations knocking out 15% of the goal

Everyone, please feel frees to pass this along to other boards, or let me know where I should
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Got another $50 donation today, knocking a full 20% out of the goal

So that everyone knows, I’ll keep the gofundme running until around Christmas, if it’s not made at least $750 (minimum for the printer with toner and shipping) everything will be refunded back - I have held off on the ability to cash out any donations as soon as they’re made for this reason
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

White Decal Funding Drive

Post by MEATLOAFr »

For those that can’t, or if you’re not comfortable, about giving credit card information to the gofundme site, I can take donations thru PayPal - just message me and I can give you my PayPal information

And currently the total donations are at $250, 1/4th of the way to the goal

Return to “Classifieds”