AST Fundraiser - Starfleet Klingon Officer Auction

Buy, Sell or Trade.
RogueWolf
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

AST Fundraiser - Starfleet Klingon Officer Auction

Post by RogueWolf » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:19 pm

AST Fundraiser

Several weeks back Tesral and I (on behalf of Xen) put out a plea for donations to keep the Site up and online. Due to personal reasons, Xen can no longer afford to pay the bills out of his own pocket.

Rather than keep posting asking for donations, I decided (with Xen's approval) that I would try to take over fundraising for the site.

As AST is a not-for-profit site, we want to keep it that way. Any monies from donations or fundraisers are for Host bills and site upgrades and maintenance and nothing else. Currently the site is hosted on a provider that bills AST monthly. While a lot of people answered our call for donations, when we surpassed our immediate goal, some users requested a refund, and there is nothing wrong with that. We had a need and the need was met.

But rather than wait till the last minute and go begging for donations just before the bills are due, or rather than beg for donations at all, I was thinking of some ways that might generate funds for the bills.

I had originally thought of maybe t-shirts and coffee mugs but the interest in those items seems to be very minimal at best. So for the interm, to try to get some funds going for the bills, I'm gonna offer some of my own personal stuff.

First up, a custom action figure of a Klingon Starfleet Officer:

I made this custom a few years ago, all joints work except for the wrists, the head can turn left and right. She comes with a Klingon knife and a tricorder. I'm going to try to auction her here first to give the AST users first kick. If no one's interested then I will put her up on eBay.

I'll ask the starting bid to start at $10.00 US. You can PM me your bid or post a reply to the thread if you like.

Remember, 100% of the funds raised through this post go to AST's Hosting bills.
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

RogueWolf

Re: AST Fundraiser - Starfleet Klingon Officer Auction

Post by RogueWolf » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:24 pm

I'll keep this add up for 7 days, like an ebay add.
Valar Morghulis

Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Post by Kratok » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

RW,

I literally JUST gave away all of my action figures as part of a hobby consolidation purge. I would have been interested in this (nice work), but dont have a need at present.

But I commend you for what you are doing to help keep AST up and running. I think this is a fine way to do so, and hope that you have success. I may look through some of my collection and see if there is anything I can donate to the cause.

I'll be in touch.

RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Kratok,

Glad you chimmed in cause the next "auction" item I was gonna post was the Star Fleet battles Gorn Fleet Box gaming miniatures you sent me. Gaming miniatures' aren't quite my forte, so I thought if I can sell them to someone who is interested in them they would get a good home, and the sale will help out the site. PM me if you have any objections.
Valar Morghulis

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:31 pm

I'll go through my collectibles too and see what I can offer up for auction or sale
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:54 pm

el gato wrote:I'll go through my collectibles too and see what I can offer up for auction or sale
Awesome man, thanks!
Valar Morghulis

Kratok

Post by Kratok » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 pm

RogueWolf wrote:Kratok,

Glad you chimmed in cause the next "auction" item I was gonna post was the Star Fleet battles Gorn Fleet Box gaming miniatures you sent me. Gaming miniatures' aren't quite my forte, so I thought if I can sell them to someone who is interested in them they would get a good home, and the sale will help out the site. PM me if you have any objections.
Doesn't have to be a PM. I am delighted that you found a use for these, and hope someone can give them a happy home.
Auction away.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 am

el gato wrote:I'll go through my collectibles too and see what I can offer up for auction or sale
very much, awesome. very much, thanks!

Return to “Classifieds”