WTB: 1/1000 Enterprise-E from Titan Models

Buy, Sell or Trade.
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: WTB: 1/1000 Enterprise-E from Titan Models

Post by cannon fodder »

I'm beginning to doubt that any ever made it to production.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

That's why I asked. An April 27, 2013 announcement on Modeler's Miniatures and Magic stated the kit would be shown at WonderFest 2013 (May 18-19, 2013). I do remember seeing the models there, and I might have some pictures of the prototypes in my archive files.

https://www.modelermagic.com/?p=49999

An "Out of Production" message was posted on July 29, 2013, just over two months after WonderFest.

https://www.modelermagic.com/?p=52659

I did see that a video of an unboxing was posted less than a month after the cancellation notice.

https://www.modelermagic.com/?p=53282

I'm kinda wondering if any of these kits actually made it to market, aside from some that may have already been reserved.

And Titan also noted that their studio scale K'Tinga was "Out of Production" on June 16, 2013. It looks like they got hit with C&Ds not only for the Enterprise, but for any other Star Trek items they may have had in their stockpile.

https://www.modelermagic.com/?p=49714
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Didn't Dana post a thread on her build of the 1/1000 E-E? She's the only one who appeared to have one. But that's not a surprise since she's the wife of Richard Long, one of the people associated with Titan
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

yeh she had a tread on here but soon after it was finished all the pics got deleted from it .. someone on here i thought was getting one and had it ordered already befor hers was done ...
IceGiant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by IceGiant »

What confuses me is why they were singled out for the C&D order with so many others making kits.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

Off the top of my head, I'm guessing . . .

A. Because it's the Enterprise, and not one of the lesser-known ships. It's iconic, and people instantly recognize it. Kinda like what happened years ago to SMT just before they brought out their big Millennium Falcon kit. Just about ready to start selling and . . . . BANG!!!! C&D order landed on them, effectively shutting them down.

B. Because a 1:1000 scale kit of ANY hero ship is going to generate a fair amount of sales that the studio will not get a piece of. I would guess that it would have been priced decently enough that folks would have scraped together the cash for one, and there may have been enough potential sales to make it a decently large profit margin. I don't remember ever seeing a price for the kit, but something in the $150-$200 range would not seem unreasonable.

If someone is advertising that they're going to produce an unlicensed model of the primary ship seen in multiple Star Trek movies, that's like waving a huge red flag in front of the studio's face, saying "Come and get me!". The smaller-scale kits don't clear much profit, and they're mostly of "guest" ships. But to make an unlicensed Enterprise in a large scale? That's just asking for it.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Post by Kratok »

Lonewolf wrote:I don't remember ever seeing a price for the kit, but something in the $150-$200 range would not seem unreasonable.
Here is an excerpt from the email I received when I looked into buying this kit:
"The kit is available now and will ship within 2 days of payment. The kit cost is $495 and shipping is$30 within the continental US. If you live outside the US, please let me know and I'll let you know the adjusted shipping total. The total cost then is $525."

Toyed with it briefly, but ultimately said "no".
Tailgunner
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Tailgunner »

There is a member on AST who has stated they do in fact have a kit. Cannot remember his name at the moment though. I too have seen the youtube video mentioned above so that's another. I have had a member at SSM contact me to say he would consider selling his, but he is in the process of moving, and is not entirely sure how much he wants to sell it for. I am awaiting his offer, but I have no idea when that will come so I'm still trying to reach out to anyone else who may be interested.

It was a pretty expensive kit to begin with, and I was in the process of saving up for it when it disappeared. I have continued to save expecting anyone who wants to sell would be asking a hefty price. I did see one on ebay a while back but the seller wanted $2700.00 for it. So while I am willing to pay above original retail, $2700 is definitely out of the question.

I hope everyone will bear with me here on the continual bumping. This is probably my most sought after kit. I just really, really want one.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

I"m afraid there was a more sinister theory thrown about..

https://the-grey-ghost.com/the-bad-side-sci-fi-modeling/

the short story. (an accusation not proven fact) Richard long was not mastering these but talking others into making the parts so he could have the models, and he would sell a few of them but never fully compensating the real model makers.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Lonewolf wrote:If someone is advertising that they're going to produce an unlicensed model of the primary ship seen in multiple Star Trek movies, that's like waving a huge red flag in front of the studio's face, saying "Come and get me!". The smaller-scale kits don't clear much profit, and they're mostly of "guest" ships. But to make an unlicensed Enterprise in a large scale? That's just asking for it.
How has the JJPrise from Section 31 remained unscathed then? Does SM offer adequate protection from the suits? I wouldn't have thought so myself. It is odd how waves of anything Trek will get gunned down on places like Shapeways, whereas other sites and ships remain safe.
Tailgunner wrote:There is a member on AST who has stated they do in fact have a kit. Cannot remember his name at the moment though.

I did see one on ebay a while back but the seller wanted $2700.00 for it. So while I am willing to pay above original retail, $2700 is definitely out of the question.

I hope everyone will bear with me here on the continual bumping. This is probably my most sought after kit. I just really, really want one.
If someone does have the kit please be very careful if you plan on going ahead with a deal. AST takes no responsibility for bad deals (or dealers), but the community will always be willing to help with advice. Especially before you take the leap. Personally, I'd wait until R2 get to it. A styrene version is...inevitable (Mr. Anderson).

As for the bumping. Feel free to "bump" away. Take that however you like. :innocent:

Return to “Classifieds”