1/72 movie era runabout INCOMPLETE

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: 1/72 movie era runabout

Post by zookman »

another small update ... more interior work laid out ... got the "rib cage "done might have to drop the floor in pit area due to low headroom at dorrway and gets worse farther forward ya go ....

ok the pics

the rib cage and general seat layout .. 3 rows of 3 on each side plus 2-4 seats facing aft behind pit which may be for " flight attendants lol also may drop on bathroom and convert it to a small food replicator gally area for beverages and small snacks / meals during tour run .....

dont forget to duck
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Yowza. Look at all that Legroom!
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

wont be as much once final seats get done .. seat backs will be a bit bulkier with possibly small display screens and other such goodies on them plus its a luxury shuttle so no need for cramped seating conditions lol ... if i put them closer together someones gonne be stuck sitting with a good view of the "rib" lol and have to stretch to look out window .. pit areas gonna be a bit cramped tho for head room not sure just how to fix that yet tho other than lower the floor a bit ... thats tommorows project lol
malleman
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by malleman »

I can't wait to see this one done!
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

well went ahead and chopped off the front section of cabin floor .... lowered it by 2 steps ... one just in fron of first rib and next one just behind where cockpit doors is ... got lots of head room now ... have to put pilot/copilot seats on a raised platform so i can see over where dash/istrument panel is gonna be but still have headroom for that ....

now to make seats ... unless anyone knows where to find nice comfy looking 1/72 scale seats lol not the ejction style seats i have been using for mockups .. something from an airliner would be nice but none i know of in that scale come with interiors ...
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

getting more done on interior ... now working on pit area and casting seats .. couldnt find any kit seats i liked so i made my own lol ... dang dash and control panels in pit area gonna be a pain since they all curved with very lil flat straight lines ... once pit area is done i think its time for some final tweeking on interior trim and such to close up some gaps .... then time to lay it into top section and do the same ... then cut out windows and trim those to shape and cut clear sheet stock for windows ( oh fun ) lol then its gonna be time for some interior painting and detailing befor closeing it up and exterior work begins ... ..
few pics of first couple seat castings

The Eye of Error
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by The Eye of Error »

Looking great so far. Certainly reminds me of something Andrew Probert would have designed.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

almost got interior done ..

got cockpit instrument panel done ... kinda rough in these pics but its trimmed and test fit in later pics

started cutting windows out ... guess i didnt get the interior quite as close to roof as i thought lol .. ohh well had planned on putting some trim pieces there anyway so i have something to put windows up to from the outside
placed a few passengers in place to get a look of how seat arrangement looks ... 12 passengers and 2-4 crew
cockpit window is gonna need more timming i think still sits way too high but i can drop it some more since i included a dash on instrument panel that can be seen yet may also drop ip down a bit also
the forward window behind pit may become a door just not sure yet lol as of right now its a flight attendants seat on either side lol
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

ok bought this light experimenters set to test and see if i can put some lights in this thing ... did a test on the engines and i think its gonna work pretty well ...

ok pics

the E.L. light kit
close up of sheet ... its 1.75 by 3.75 inches
unlit
lit with indoor lights
lit in the dark
colored filter test
lit with room lighting
lit with lights off
engine test lighting
unlit
lit with room lighting
lit in dark

now with some light blocking done on inside and a couple details on clear part to simulate the bigger kit and show the grills think this will look ok ...course this in the inboard side of engine and when done wont see much unless ya look under kit lol ... tho i may say heck with it and just put them on opposite sides to show these off lol never read that the engines had to be oriented any which way might test left over stuff and see what i can do for the IP in the pit then add nav lights ( flashing even ) and some interior lights and im all good .... then got to find a way to hide the wiring going into kit lol thats why i was thinking of it being serviced and connected to dianogstic computers via cables :D
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

got the rest of interior leds yesterday after 5 hours driving 1/2 tank gas and only spending 24 bucks lol ... wish radio shack would carry more than 3 of an item in stock ... could order more but takes 7-10 days ..... anyhow hoping to get interior finished and laid out and maybe even painted and installed and 2 halve together so exterior work can begin ... gonna be a close one to finish by deadline lol

Return to “TBG Contest Entries”