Possible 350 Projects from Round 2

Work in progress, completed builds and general 1/350 related discussion.
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Possible 350 Projects from Round 2

Post by Scotchyn »

While their was not an official announcement of anything new Trek wise from R2 this year, they have given us some hints about what they are thinking about for future releases.
On Sunday, R2 had a survey available so we could 'vote" on what some future projects might be.

First they were asking about interest in a Kickstarter campaign for the 350 K'Tinga and what length folks thought the kits should be either 214m or 349m

also listed was to gauge the interest in a D7 as well

so let R2 know what you think, shoot them an email and let them know what you would like to possible see next

https://www.round2models.com/contact

One last thing, also mentioned was a Galaxy Dreadnaught(All Good Things) and a Nebula. No scale was mentioned, but it was lumped together w/the 1/1000 choices, so their ya go
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Possible 350 Projects from Round 2

Post by andyh »

Where did 349 meters come from? I've always believed that it was supposed to be 214 meters.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Ok...

I'll write something further...

once I've had a chance to stop hyperventilating...
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Scotchyn »

Im not sure....there has always been a couple different numbers floating around out there....i voted 214m as well
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Scotchyn »

https://www.collectormodel.com/round2-mo ... 7cxps.dpbs

leave your responses in the blog post....
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Responded:
1) Swat Fink
2) D 1:350 K'tinga
3) 349 meters.
4) E 1:1000 Battle Damaged refit w/Drydock
5) D 1:1000 Grissom w/ KBOP
6) A 1:2500 Akira
7) A 1:1000 Enterprise D
8) B Ultra Probe
9) A 22" Eagle with Lab Pod
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Shaw
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Shaw »

Even though the 349m length is WAY off, I hope that one wins! It would mean that Round 2 would produce (at 1/350) one of the largest model kits ever! Approximately 39"x28".

Comparison wise, this is what we're looking at...

And someone had wondered how that compared with the old TMoST Enterprise-Klingon size comparison graphic by Jefferies, so I scaled it to the TOS Enterprise and overlaid it on this version.

If this 39"x28" monster wins, it'll be great to display next to the DeBoer's Enterprise (even if it is at a slightly larger scale than the DeBoer's kit).

On the plus side, the 1/537 kit would become something like 1/875 scale, which is pretty close to 1/1000. They also need to re-label their cadet series K'tinga from 1/2500 to 1/4077.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Well when it comes to Klingon ships, the Bird of Prey alone- demonstrates that size doesn't matter.

https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/bop-size.htm
- J.L.Picard.
Shaw
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Shaw »

Moongrim wrote:... size doesn't matter.
It does when building models, and you voted...
Moongrim wrote:2) D 1:350 K'tinga
3) 349 meters.
Which is a 39"x28" model.

You should take the top view of the K'tinga and run it down to your local Kinko's and blow it up to 39"x28" and then consider if that was really the model you were wanting from Round 2. And keep in mind that this model will cost two-three times as much as the TOS Enterprise kit to produce (Jamie doesn't have any idea about any of this yet, but hey, it'll be great to see what happens when he figures it all out!).
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I could handle that.

How do I know?

I've got one.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “1/350”