I need your input

General discussion for future official AST contests and unofficial (fan run) group builds.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: I need your input

Post by Moongrim » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:52 pm

zookman wrote:hey i know ... maybe we can get dana to talk the guys who are making the big 1/1000 1701e kit to donate one as a top prise lol i know lots of us want one lol
Good Luck with that.

Titan Models they are.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:41 pm

yeh i know wishfull thinking but i bet would probly get a few more folks to enter just for the chance .. i never hurts to ask anyway lol

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:50 pm

What would help me is a list of GK'ers, so I can see if there's someone I haven't contacted yet. I think it's safe to say all the "big" companies would decline. Zookman is helping me out here. However, if anyone else has connections and wants to ask on my behalf, I'd be very grateful. After-all, I'm doing this so folks at AST have a really good excuse to start modelling. ;)

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Perhaps I should just keep my trap shut then.

;)
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:26 pm

How about if we all donate a kit to place on a "stash." Say 10 of us do that. The top winner gets 4-5 of the models, the second place gets 3-4 and the third place winner the remainder. From a "logistical" standpoint, the donors will mail the kits directly to the winners. That way you bypass the central clearinghouse.

As to determining which kit goes in each pile, why don't we post pictures of the donor kits and let the forum decide which kit goes to each pile, with rules that at least one "valuable" kit goes in one of the three prizes. To eliminate favoritism and what not, the donors send the pictures to a mod, who will post them. This also ensures that no donor gets an edge in the contest in case that person participates. No one will know who donated what until the end of the contest.

In terms of timing, my vote is wait until next year when this is sorted out. At this point you have less than three months to slap a contest together and I just don't think you have time.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:17 am

There are a couple of possibilities. Perhaps a mini contest leading up to December and the next "big" one in the new year. The kit donation idea is nice, but the reality is people forget, drop out or RL "happens". It would be another logistical nightmare.

Now, I'd like to shift folks attention to the theme. Considering "anything goes" had an average turnout, I'm thinking anything themed would only reduce the number otherwise willing to take part.

That said, feel free to share your thoughts on what theme's would be popular enough to motivate people.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:33 am

i got it .................. star trek themed

ducks and covers and hides under table :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:35 am

i was thinking maybe a small craft section ... fighters , shuttles , personel transports ect .. basicaly anything with say less than 5 crew and up to 20 pass

probly limiting it too much but there are a few kits out there that fit this and lots to be scratched

MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Post by MEATLOAFr » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:07 am

zookman wrote:i got it .................. star trek themed

ducks and covers and hides under table :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

better yet, take a non trek kit, and trekify it
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:24 pm

zookman wrote:i was thinking maybe a small craft section ... fighters , shuttles , personel transports ect .. basicaly anything with say less than 5 crew and up to 20 pass

probly limiting it too much but there are a few kits out there that fit this and lots to be scratched
You're not suggesting that because you happen to be working on a pretty cool build, are you zook?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “General Contest Discussion”