Wrong Forum. Kindly Delete

Tools and techniques used for preparation and assembly.
LordMudd
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Re: vacuforming and you

Post by LordMudd »

One idea I have been slowly developing is a Borg cube out of a milk crate. I am adding needlepoint grid to the inside walls and floor to diffuse light coming through. I want to put a short string of green Xmas lights on the back exterior for effect.

CCC.
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

LordMudd wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:33 am One idea I have been slowly developing is a Borg cube out of a milk crate. I am adding needlepoint grid to the inside walls and floor to diffuse light coming through. I want to put a short string of green Xmas lights on the back exterior for effect.

CCC.
Interesting idea. I would go doe the smallest lights you can find and bury about half of them in the structure do you get varying light level and locations, layer of sprune for the surface?

With the needle point grid do you need the milk crate?
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
LordMudd
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by LordMudd »

Yes, the grid is too light and flexible, it has no structure. I am using a black crate, black grid, and black zip ties so it all blends together. I am now mulling over how I want to structure the walkway around the inside of it. I am looking at a battery powered string of about 20 or so lights. They will be zip tied to the back exterior of the crate. Once the structure is done, the amount of light coming thru should be minimal, won't know until I get to that point. Because I am working in 1/18 scale, I have space for 2 full levels. You could squeeze that much out for the Playmates figures. Any larger figures ad you may need one crate per level.

CCC.
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

I just had a scale shift. I thought you were building this for starships, not figures. so you are doing an interior of a borg cube.
LordMudd
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by LordMudd »

Yes. 4" scale.

CCC.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

LordMudd wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:44 am Yes. 4" scale.

CCC.
My Wife found these at Costco for 12 bucks.
lights.JPG

Return to “Construction”