Hello from Sussex, England!

New to the forum? Tell us a little about yourself and what you collect here.
User avatar
Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me
Posts: 3296
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: Hello from Sussex, England!

Post by Tesral » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:02 pm

ProfArturo wrote:
MSgtUSAFRet wrote:I look forward to seeing some of your posts! We need to get the 1400s going on this site!! :lol: :lol:
Is there a reason it's less popular than other scales? My TOS Enterprise turned up yesterday and it's even tinier than I expected so I guess that has something to do with it?

I'll get some pics of my other models up.

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone.
The larger ships require quite a bit of space. At one point there were dozens of garage kit 1/1400 models. They take a lot of resin or the skills to hollow cast. So very pricy.

The gripping hand if you want to light something 1/1400 is your friend.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

User avatar
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Hello from Sussex, England!

Post by slawton » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:09 pm

A poor attempt at poetry...

  • There was a man from Sussex,
    He found an old USS,
    First done as a boy,
    It looked like a toy,
    But now the model sucks-less!


Welcome aboard! And thanks for posting pics on your restoration effort - we all love eye-candy here (models, maybe cats, not so much the arm-candy)!
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer

User avatar
ProfArturo
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Re: Hello from Sussex, England!

Post by ProfArturo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Loving the poem! :lol:
Tesral wrote: The larger ships require quite a bit of space. At one point there were dozens of garage kit 1/1400 models. They take a lot of resin or the skills to hollow cast. So very pricy.

The gripping hand if you want to light something 1/1400 is your friend.
That makes sense for the larger models (my other half is constantly complaining about their size) but doesn't 1/2500 make sub 300m ships impossibly small? Or is that part of the skill ;)

User avatar
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:04 am

Re: Hello from Sussex, England!

Post by mophius » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 pm

ProfArturo wrote:Loving the poem! :lol:
Tesral wrote: The larger ships require quite a bit of space. At one point there were dozens of garage kit 1/1400 models. They take a lot of resin or the skills to hollow cast. So very pricy.

The gripping hand if you want to light something 1/1400 is your friend.
That makes sense for the larger models (my other half is constantly complaining about their size) but doesn't 1/2500 make sub 300m ships impossibly small? Or is that part of the skill ;)
300m ships are about 12cm in 2500. It is a challenge but for those limited on space they can also be a good shelf filler.
DSC_0066.JPG
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

User avatar
MSgtUSAFRet
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:49 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Hello from Sussex, England!

Post by MSgtUSAFRet » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:45 pm

mophius wrote: 300m ships are about 12cm in 2500. It is a challenge but for those limited on space they can also be a good shelf filler.
20180327_124114.jpg
Are there ships there?!

:lol: :lol:

JK! To each his own!!

Steve

User avatar
Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me
Posts: 3296
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: Hello from Sussex, England!

Post by Tesral » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:24 am

ProfArturo wrote: That makes sense for the larger models (my other half is constantly complaining about their size) but doesn't 1/2500 make sub 300m ships impossibly small? Or is that part of the skill ;)
I have two Vulcan shuttles in 1/2500.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

User avatar
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 am
Contact:

Re: Hello from Sussex, England!

Post by Greyryder » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:39 am

MSgtUSAFRet wrote:
mophius wrote: 300m ships are about 12cm in 2500. It is a challenge but for those limited on space they can also be a good shelf filler.
20180327_124114.jpg

Are there ships there?!

:lol: :lol:

JK! To each his own!!

Steve
Image

User avatar
MSgtUSAFRet
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:49 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Hello from Sussex, England!

Post by MSgtUSAFRet » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:04 pm

Greyryder wrote:
MSgtUSAFRet wrote:
mophius wrote: 300m ships are about 12cm in 2500. It is a challenge but for those limited on space they can also be a good shelf filler.
20180327_124114.jpg

Are there ships there?!

:lol: :lol:

JK! To each his own!!

Steve
Image
:grouphug:

Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”