MODULAR MODELS- Defunct-not. Silent Running.

Manufacturers, retailers and general resources.
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: MODULAR MODELS- Defunct-not. Silent Running.

Post by Scotchyn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:24 am

your not coming across as whiny at all, if i ran my business's that way..id be on the street....i dont understand what goes thru these folks mind...set it up where you have stock like other sites do, and when you run out, cast some more...that way you dont tick people off when they wait forever...with no updates, not that hard

I had wanted to get some of his items as well, but after seeing that...no sir

asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:27 pm

Odd that I hadn't seen this thread before. I have an outstanding order from march/april 2015. Or 2014. I can't remeber exactly and paypal is a bugger to find old transactions on it seems.

The guy is utterly silent, doesn't respond to anyone anytime soon and when he does... damn! His Facebook page is more active than ever with a post once every 2 - 4 months mostly ranting at people who have outstanding orders. It's far too late to file a claim through PayPal, and I don't want the hassle of trying to get a refund. Hopefully one day the parts I ordered will arrive and the Excelsior retrofit I have had planned for and age will get out of the box and on the table.

Last I heard was this in Nov 2015:
It's been sitting here waiting to ship for the past month or two. My problem is that money and time to get it (along with a pile of other orders) shipped haven't synchronized as quickly as I hoped they would.
Meh.

And the whole luna class thing as well.

Double meh.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

My fledgling YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapanurgleForums

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:46 pm

I consider All Scale Trek a "Neutral Zone" of sorts. A place to publicly (and calmly) present the -facts-, discussing and hopefully overcoming any disputes with total transparency.

By allowing folks to see every page of an issue (as opposed to a glimpse from the start, middle and conclusion) it arms a potential customer with the knowledge needed in their decision making process. Likewise, providing a GK'er with a fair chance to deal with the situation to the satisfaction of all involved.

N.B. I am not having a dig at anyone here, stoking the fire etc. Just in case people misconstrue this as some veiled attack. That is not my style.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:22 pm

asmcelhinney wrote:Odd that I hadn't seen this thread before. I have an outstanding order from march/april 2015. Or 2014. I can't remeber exactly and paypal is a bugger to find old transactions on it seems.

The guy is utterly silent, doesn't respond to anyone anytime soon and when he does... damn! His Facebook page is more active than ever with a post once every 2 - 4 months mostly ranting at people who have outstanding orders. It's far too late to file a claim through PayPal, and I don't want the hassle of trying to get a refund. Hopefully one day the parts I ordered will arrive and the Excelsior retrofit I have had planned for and age will get out of the box and on the table.

Last I heard was this in Nov 2015:
It's been sitting here waiting to ship for the past month or two. My problem is that money and time to get it (along with a pile of other orders) shipped haven't synchronized as quickly as I hoped they would.
Meh.

And the whole luna class thing as well.

Double meh.
Then I count my lucky Starz that I managed to get my parts as 'quickly' as I did.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:22 am

I'm a big time kitbasher, specially in 1/1000 scalebat present. What's good and truly sad is that with the product lineup he offers in 1k, I'd have spent at least $200 - two Balson hulls, two Coventry hulls, a single Masao hull, and at least another $100 in pieces / parts / accessories. Prolly more like $150 to $200 for 'bashing parts.

He apparently still has several outstanding orders, and of course now appears to have gone totally silent. Double shame on his part.

I'm envious of folks who got stuff from him. I'm also kicking myself for not having picked any of it up when Starship Modeler was actually selling his stuff.

Oh, well.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:22 pm

I did buy a couple of things from him. I find the silence most disturbing. First lashing out at his paying customers and then the silent treatment.

And to the Modular Models dude;
Dude, if you can't do it any more, SAY SO! Really you owe that if nothing else to those willing to send you money. There is no shame in being overwhelmed, it happens to the best of us. The shame comes in not admitting it and leaving paying customers hanging.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Still holding out hope that the few excelsior parts I ordered a 2+ years ago turn up. His last Facebook post in late April suggested excelsior bits were causing issues (specifically black & clear resin, neither of which I ordered). In May someone posted they'd recieved an order. Nothing since then. The USS Okinawa remains in dry dock.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

My fledgling YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapanurgleForums

Return to “Links”