Voyager PADD and Nemesis "Dolphin" Phaser

Costumes, Everyday Wear, Jewelry and Props.
Mac204
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Voyager PADD and Nemesis "Dolphin" Phaser

Post by Mac204 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Here are a couple of kits I did a while back. The PADD is actually aluminum. I keep the house cold so the little smudge you see on the lower right is actually condensation. Lol. I have another Voyager PADD that is mostly done. Just need a thumb button and then the little "lights.". That one I got the dimensions of the 3 sections and hand cut and shaped. Its a bit rough but not too terrible. I'll try to post pics of that one later. Until then here are the pics of the aluminum PADD and phaser.

Live Long and Prosper.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: Voyager PADD and Nemesis "Dolphin" Phaser

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Kewlness. It's nice to see someone make props...durable yet authentic looking.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Waw, superbly done !

Captain_J_Grant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Captain_J_Grant » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:52 am

I'm SO Jealous! I've been looking to track down the Playmates version of the Nemesis Phaser for a bit but everyone I've seen is well over the $70 mark, which unfortunately I just can't justify. Do you know of a more affordable way of getting one of these props?
"There's an old saying, Fortune favors the bold. Well, I guess we're about to find out." - Capt. Benjamin Sisko

Mac204

Post by Mac204 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 am

Do you mean he one that came out right after First Contact that had the belt clip molded into the underside? I'm not sure. But this one was a resin kit build. You can try eBay for both or startrektoys.com if they're still up.
Live Long and Prosper.

Captain_J_Grant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Captain_J_Grant » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:08 am

Yeah, Playmates had made a couple of toy type II phasers and after the movie came out a "new and improved" version of it was released which had the sound board improved, the "Dolphin shape", and the setting lights added. But there bloody expensive on Ebay. What's the average cost of a resin kit these days?
"There's an old saying, Fortune favors the bold. Well, I guess we're about to find out." - Capt. Benjamin Sisko

Mac204

Post by Mac204 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:51 pm

You can find some amazing kits on ebay for around $100. For another $135 you can get the electronics upgrade for it with a battery charging port and overload vibrating motor. The Nemesis phaser also breaks open at the front to reveal the glowing internals. Really nice stuff!
Live Long and Prosper.

Captain_J_Grant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Captain_J_Grant » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:05 am

WOW! I so need to make more money!

Trek-Tastic
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Trek-Tastic » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi, new to the forum.

Outstanding work. I have a resin version of this PADD and I'm currently working on that Dolphin phaser. I'm curious as to what colors you used for them because it's impossible to find GM 7173 (the paint used by the prop masters for the phasers, etc. I believe the actual color is called Silver Sand Metallic) and I've been doing a hit and miss experimentation for years to find something close and I've settled on Duplicolor Marble Medium Metallic as the closest. I just like to see what other modelers are using.

As for the Playmates Phasers, they issued the TNG version of it (the "Cobra Head") and the "boomerang" version (seen in the TNG films, except Nemesis and on Voyager) in two different variations for First Contact and Insurrection. The FC version was a light blue/gray and the INS version was gray. The Dolphin phaser was seen only in Nemesis and IIRC the Voyager finale, Endgame. There was very little merchandising at all done for Nemesis and, again if IIRC, Art Asylum had the exclusive license for the film toys and only released action figures, so, no, there was never a Dolphin phaser issued as a licensed toy.

As far as the prop model is concerned, I think I paid $35 for mine. It's a one piece static kit. Just hunt on eBay for it and it will pop up.

But yeah, the ugraded version of this kit is pretty fantastic. Check it out...

Star Trek The Next Generation Nemesis Dolphin Phaser HERO prop CUSTOM # 3

TrekMD
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by TrekMD » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:00 am

Very nice indeed!
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...

Return to “Clothing and Accessories”