Headpieces.

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Headpieces.

Post by Del »

There are so many different aliens races are out there, who dresses up? Do we have any Ferengi, Cardassians, Borg, or Jem'Hadar? Here's my Klingon headpiece that I wore for my avatar photo.

Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
ITrek4Fun
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Re: Headpieces.

Post by ITrek4Fun »

Hey Del! Just so you know, i'm not ignoring your PM about that 1/350 scale nx-01. I've got to have five posts to reply to any pm's.

That's an awesome piece, did you make it yourself or purchase it from someone?
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

No problem on the PM. Looks like you're over five, so everything should work normally for you now. I had this and a second headpiece made 12 years ago to fit my head. The cost was $85 each, and they are made from foam latex. I lost contact with the crafter shortly after that. I haven't even worn this thing since then, and not sure it still fits. I retired from the army 6 months ago and have hair once again. :D
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

ITrek4Fun wrote:Hey Del! Just so you know, i'm not ignoring your PM about that 1/350 scale nx-01. I've got to have five posts to reply to any pm's.
I'm sorry to drift off topic here but are you able to PM people now? I want to make sure everything is working properly.

You don't always need to have 5 posts approved to get full access. We usually get the legit fans transferred over to the safe list before that happens. You just need to post something Trek related that tells us you're definitely not a paid human spammer or spambot. :)
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

Del wrote:There are so many different aliens races are out there, who dresses up? Do we have any Ferengi, Cardassians, Borg, or Jem'Hadar? Here's my Klingon headpiece that I wore for my avatar photo.
I don't see the resemblance in your avatar... lol
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I've always favored Caitians myself. I'll have to dig out the Neko ears/gloves, and tail.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

RogueWolf wrote:
Del wrote:There are so many different aliens races are out there, who dresses up? Do we have any Ferengi, Cardassians, Borg, or Jem'Hadar? Here's my Klingon headpiece that I wore for my avatar photo.
Maybe it's an abstract photo? :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Most appliances don't last more than one use. How do you preserve it?
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

el gato wrote:
RogueWolf wrote:
Maybe it's an abstract photo? :lol:
At the time I posted this thread, my avatar was me in costume. Here's the original photo that I used to make my avatar, from a low pixel count digital camera in 2001. I was never able to get such a nice fit from the headpiece again, as it always buckled away from the skin where it joined at the temple. Costume pieces made by me and constructed with glue and staples - and no, the costume no longer exists, but it fulfilled its purpose.

Tesral wrote:Most appliances don't last more than one use. How do you preserve it?
I was able to use it a few times, but since it's now over a decade old, it's starting to deteriorate from the inside. I bought two, and one I never wore, but it's also suffering from breakdown of materials. No preservation, just stuck them on Styrofoam heads for display.
Owen E Oulton
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Owen E Oulton »

Just looked at this thread, and I'm impressed. Did you pattern the ridges after any particular character? They look like a more elaborate version of Torres' ridges - perhaps those of her grandfather, since ridge patterns tend to run in families. So many fans' ridges aren't blended in to well, and don't match the person's skin tone. These look screen-ready.

Return to “General Trek”