AST HOST UPDATE (UPDATED: 27TH NOVEMBER, 2018)

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: AST HOST UPDATE (UPDATED: 27TH NOVEMBER, 2018)

Post by Greyryder » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:09 am

With Cloudflare back, I got logged out, again....

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:39 am

it had to be done until further notice or ast will go offline.

i don't understand why tesral and i are staying logged in, yet a few members that reported this are still being bumped off.

i received this email from the new host
We would like to inform you that your account allscaletrek.com has used 90% the monthly allowed usage of 600000 CPU seconds per account. Please note that once you hit 100% of the allowed monthly CPU seconds, your web service will be limited for the calendar month. The web service limit means you might be having problems accessing your website.
so that means we're almost out of bandwidth, unless i want to pay for a better hosting plan.

i don't have the finances to really do that, or to hire a dev to work on this problem. 'free' help via phpbb support is non-existent and the hosts aren't much help either.

i've been working all month on this, but i haven't found a way to stop this ddos type 'attack' on the site, with the exception of the cdn.

ProfArturo
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by ProfArturo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:10 pm

To be honest, is hosting pics here at AST really worth it?

I know it's annoying when stuff on old threads eventually goes offline, but I do wonder if this is why you keep using all your bandwidth so fast.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:20 am

no, it's not that.

ast has been hosting pics for years now without a problem. we simple do not have enough traffic for uploaded images to be a problem for bandwidth.

for the last few months now we've been under a ddos style attack, and i have tried everything that i know of to stop it. however i am not a phpbb dev or a coder, so my know-how is limited.

i haven't given up on finding a way to stop this and also make sure people being logged out no longer have that problem.

however, for now, given the resources going buck wild this month, i have needed to go back to cloudflare as that seems to be effective in stopping ddos attacks.

i will make a separate post about people that are suffering from being logged out all the time. the more information i have about that the better chance i have of fixing it.

in short, do not give up on ast. this has been a difficult year, but we had a good hassle-free run for the most part, up until now.

Return to “Important”