AST HOST UPDATE (UPDATED: 27TH NOVEMBER, 2018)

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

AST HOST UPDATE (UPDATED: 27TH NOVEMBER, 2018)

Post by Xen » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:15 am

Hi Guys,

AST has had a few problems with the latest host. These problems are still ongoing, so expect intermittent weirdness and downtime for at least the next few days to a week.

Check Twitter or our FB News Page or Preview Group. Someone, somewhere will know something, if I'm not around to spill the beans. I'll make sure of that.

Basically the current host are being Gestapo and restricting the service. Their solution? Move to an even more expensive plan. My response. Telling them to !!!!!!!! off. It's only $5 more but it's the principle and I feel very angry at how my site has been treated with all this downtime.

However, I would move elsewhere, but they want cash upfront for yearly, bi-yearly plans. I don't invest in plans like that because if you end up like I am now, you're already out a big chunk of change.

I have RL hassles to deal with and I'm not online all the time to fix problems. I've been wondering if my stubbornness to carry on as owner of AST is a fools errand. This latest episode was the frosting on the cake.

Xen

MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Re: AST hosting sitrep

Post by MEATLOAFr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:19 am

And the Gestapo doesn't stop... got the 508 message just trying to view this message.

We're behind you Xen, do what needs to be done to keep AST afloat
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:50 pm

well, i've paid for a new host that accepts monthly billing, so the site will be going away for a few days or so, until the dns propagates and they move all the eye candy over to a new home. spread the word. ast isn't going down, we're just moving (again).

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:00 am

AST is now live again and ready to use, but we are still in ''debug'' mode, so expect weird things as we test further.

Please empty your cache/cookies before using AST and try url combinations:

Code: Select all

allscaletrek.com

http://allscaletrek.com

https://allscaletrek.com

www.allscaletrek.com

http://www.allscaletrek.com

https://www.allscaletrek.com

If you have problems email

allscaletrek@gmail.com

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:24 am

please make sure you empty your cache before using the site again.

we are aware of people being logged out all the time, either by posting or simply doing nothing at all. it is being investigated.

we are in the process of debugging the site and also upgrading it, so expect weird things to happen.

please report problems via email to allscaletrek@gmail.com. that way all reports stay in one place and i have access to them in case the site goes down again.

many thanks!

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: AST HOST UPDATE (UPDATED: 16TH NOVEMBER, 2018)

Post by Xen » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:21 am

the dev will be away for a few days, so i will be turning things on and off in the meantime to see what happens.

no-one emails me, so i guess report here whatever hassles you are having with the site.

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Xen wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:21 am
the dev will be away for a few days, so i will be turning things on and off in the meantime to see what happens.

no-one emails me, so i guess report here whatever hassles you are having with the site.
Well over night and I have not been logged off.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

patrickivan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by patrickivan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:55 pm

I don't particularly want to see AST go, but does it generate enough traffic for it to be worth your investment in time and money? I haven't been around as long as some, but long enough to see the struggles you put up with here. And the content being posted seems to be somewhat lacking...

This is your baby and it'd be a shame to let it go, but at least FB is free and you still can continue running the show.

Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:59 am

Tesral wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:28 pm
Xen wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:21 am

Well over night and I have not been logged off.
I'm still getting logged off over night. Well, my overnight. I seem to be operating on something approximating Sidney time.

I've deleted cookies, and even removed all but the most recent "remember me" keys. This is the only device I access AST on.

MEATLOAFr

Post by MEATLOAFr » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:35 am

patrickivan wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:55 pm
I don't particularly want to see AST go, but does it generate enough traffic for it to be worth your investment in time and money? I haven't been around as long as some, but long enough to see the struggles you put up with here. And the content being posted seems to be somewhat lacking...

This is your baby and it'd be a shame to let it go, but at least FB is free and you still can continue running the show.
I don't want AST to go away either, SOOOOO much better than SSM (at least my posts here don't get deleted after a few hours) and I don't use any others

and content is on all of us... unfortunately I currently have no (safe from 2 year old) place to build, and all my models are in storage until we get our own place - only have computer and printers hooked up to make decals at the moment
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

Return to “Important”