Do you want a Group Build or Contest?

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Do you want a Group Build or Contest?

Post by Xen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:10 pm

now that wf is over i'm entertaining the idea of a group build or a full blown contest with prizes. the prizes depends on whether i can get a gk'er or several gk'ers to donate a kit for at least first place.

check out the ideas i have and add your own input/ideas if you want.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5150

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Group Build or Contest

Post by Griffworks » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:19 pm

You might try contacting Erin at UGH! Models. He's been known to donate a kit before.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 pm

i sent them a pm here two days ago. it was read, but i received no reply.

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:41 am

I don’t pretend to know how often Erin frequents here, but I was thinking via email would be much faster: Ughmodels@gmail.com
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by shiftdel » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:32 am

I can donate a pair of Federation Models (ex-Gizmotron) Klingon BoP in 1/1400 (wrongly stated at 1/2500 on the box), see my review of the kit here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3266

They are great kits, but at the wrong scale for me, as I am a sacred scale only builder (better saying collector, by now).

I could also donate one or two of my Shapeways Klingon models (in FUD, of course, for better quality), but I cannot print them and send to the winner, as UPS extra charges to my country are extortive, plus the importation taxes; maybe the winner could order them and I would refund the total. Just an idea...

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Griffworks wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:41 am
I don’t pretend to know how often Erin frequents here, but I was thinking via email would be much faster: Ughmodels@gmail.com
okay. thanks for that. i'll try him there and see if i get a response.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:13 pm

shiftdel wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:32 am
I can donate a pair of Federation Models (ex-Gizmotron) Klingon BoP in 1/1400 (wrongly stated at 1/2500 on the box), see my review of the kit here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3266

They are great kits, but at the wrong scale for me, as I am a sacred scale only builder (better saying collector, by now).

I could also donate one or two of my Shapeways Klingon models (in FUD, of course, for better quality), but I cannot print them and send to the winner, as UPS extra charges to my country are extortive, plus the importation taxes; maybe the winner could order them and I would refund the total. Just an idea...
thanks shiftdel. the 1/1400 kbop's might suffice. i can't imagine the winner or top three wanting to pay for prints and shipping. although i do greatly appreciate your willingness to help out. :)

as it stands not a single member has expressed interest in either a group build or a contest. zero posts from potential participants, which is a bit weird.

that said, i will go through the motions and see how it plays out.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Do you want a Group Build or Contest?

Post by Xen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm

i emailed ugh. no reply as of yet. the same with tim linsey. i'm having trouble trying to even think of sellers to bug at the moment.

now might be a good time for members to offer some merchandise if they have some spares etc.

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Xen wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm
i emailed ugh. no reply as of yet. the same with tim linsey. i'm having trouble trying to even think of sellers to bug at the moment.

now might be a good time for members to offer some merchandise if they have some spares etc.
I have a plague of 1/1000 Enterprises....
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm

your plague is someone else's treasure. ;) can i count you in for donating to the bounty?

Return to “Important”