Discovery Kit News

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Discovery Kit News

Post by Xen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm

I found this in my Inbox today.

It's a couple of days late due to me not being around.
Round 2, LLC. announced that they will be producing all-new model kits based on the popular Star Trek Discovery television program at the annual Wonderfest USA sci-fi modeling show in Louisville, Kentucky which was held Saturday and Sunday, June 2nd & 3rd 2018.

Their initial release will be a 1:2500 scale model of the title ship, the U.S.S. Discovery and will be offered under the Polar Lights brand. At 1:2500 scale, the model will measure nearly 12” long.

Round 2’s development team is considering subsequent releases and was polling show attendees for feedback. 1:2500 scale kits of the U.S.S. Shenzou and U.S.S. Enterprise as featured in the show are being considered as are larger format models at either 1:1000 (29.5” Discovery length) or 1:1400 (21.1” Discovery length) scale. The 1:2500 U.S.S. Discovery should be available in early 2019 with one to two additional releases to come later in the year.

Exact release dates and prices were unavailable. Keep an eye on Round 2’s model kit development blog collectormodel.com and the Round 2 Models facebook page for updates as development progresses.

Round 2 also displayed their current and upcoming Star Trek kit releases including a new prototype of their highly anticipated release of the 1:350 scale Klingon K’t’inga.

Additional information and Round 2 model kit development updates can be found at http://www.collectormodel.com

ProfArturo
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Re: Discovery Kit News

Post by ProfArturo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:41 pm

21.1 inches in 1400! I still can't accept its bigger than the Enterprise D!

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Discovery Kit News

Post by Xen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:32 pm

keep thinking 'yesterday's enterprise' style alternate universe and you will sleep a lot easier.

Return to “Important”