AST Admins and their roles

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

AST Admins and their roles

Post by Xen » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:05 am

In no particular order. Behold! Our current list of Admins/Moderators (and what they do!).

P.S. We're always on the lookout for a good graphics guy and general "people person" that knows their way around a forum,

TESRAL
Primary role: Main point of contact "human" forum issues (e.g. reporting flame wars) and limited member issues.
Notes: Tesral is one of more senior members, doesn;t say too much, but what is said, should be listened to. A "Mighty Ten-12" veteran, he's seen it all.
Activity: On Daily. Should reply within hours.

MOPHIUS
Primary Role: "The Main Background Mod" for AST. Can also help with other things, be they human or bug problems.
Notes: One of the "new guys" having only joined us Jan 2017. An inspiration to anyone that feels a little intimidated by all the "names", skills and reputations.
Activity: On Daily. Should reply within hours.

ROGUEWOLF
Primary Role: Backroom Admin. Will help run certain events or whatever is needed.
Notes: Kitbasher / Scratchbuilder extraordinaire. Another veteran of Ten-12. Easy Going. Just Ask and you'll get a warm reception.
Activity: Goes through periods of activity/inactivity. Usually on daily when active. Expect a reply within a few days or sooner if active. Rommie Soulmate. :vulcan:

KRATOK
Primary Role: Emergency Backroom and Front of House Admin.
Notes: Master craftsman. Quiet, but very passionate. Fellow Founder of AST, along with Scotchyn (RIP, my dear friend) and also Ten-12 veteran. I've known this guy the longest. My longest and most cherished friend.
Activity: Online most weeks. Expect a reply ASAP, but usually within a few days to a week.

XEN
Primary Role: Emergency Backroom and Front of House Admin. Owner, Main Founder and Main contact for All Scale Trek.com.
Activity: Online weeks here and there. Intermittent. Expect a reply ASAP. In reality, anywhere from a day to 2 weeks.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: AST Admins and their roles

Post by mophius » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Hello all. Just a bit more of an introduction about me.

You all know me as Mophius (Mo-fee-us) I have been kicking aroud here for about 15 months now. A beginner builder who has about 15 ship builds under my hat, OK not literally.
I love Sci-Fi. I will watch most series of sci-fi programmes. Star Trek I was brought up with. It was a staple part of my upbringing. Dad started me watching TOS as re-runs early 80's and then the Movies came out. When I was around 10 TNG came out so as I said a staple part of my education.
Battlestar Galactica was also being re-run and Buck Rogers. Dr. Who not so much but I did watch some episodes. Gerry Andersons myriad shows I watched also including Terrahawks which was a little scary for young me.
I also enjoy watching and re-watching some of the classic 70's and 80's Sci-Fi films.

So you could say that I have a strong interest in the craft that traverse the timeless depths of space.

2016 was not a good year for me so I decided to take up a hobby and after speaking to my dad I decided model making was going to be my new-old thing. I had some knowledge of the hobby but not for some 2 to 3 decades.

I searched around and found AllScaleTrek through pictures on google. After the Christmas of that year I started purchasing the Cadet kits. Well you know the rest as to the builds I have been doing but behind the scenes I have turned into a kit hoarder. I have been searching through Ebay and numerous Garage Kit sites as well as the usual vendors. I love the amount of kits that are available in any scale compared to what was available at the start of the 90's.
My wife has no idea as to the amount of kits I have. I just tell her they were from a job-lot I got from eBay.
At home I have around 30 kits that are in various small boxes I use at my dining table/workbench. At work I have the use of 4 lockers which are a little crammed from the kits I collected in the last year.
First is for decals and spray paints.
DSC_0066.jpg
And these 3 have the bulk of my stash.
DSC_0067.jpg
DSC_0068.jpg
DSC_0069.jpg
i have around 200 kits now and there are not that many which I am missing. Some I will never get and I feel like I have missed out on a great thing there.

This is my completed shelf which even has my Reliant on.
DSC_0066.JPG
I will rebuild that Reliant one day and will use the knowledge that I have gained here along with all the great tips that you kind folk give.

I like coming to AST because there is no drama and everyone gets on alright. The community feeling you all give is great compared to other forums I have visited. Now I am not saying that they are bad forums, they are also good forums with plenty of tips and tricks to help with building but there is something here at AST that keeps me coming back day after day to see what wonderous builds you guys have come up with now. What tips can I gleam from your builds and also what materials would be good for my next build.

I feel I need to keep posting my builds no matter what happens to them good or bad. If I didn't then I would never know how to make the builds better or get some details right. I know I will never measure up to some of you guys but the fact is that I do this as a hobby for me. As long as I am satisfied with the build then that will do, oh and an ok from my daughter. I still value your criticism though and will take in any tips that you all have.

I hope this gives you a bit more of an idea of what makes me tick.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: AST Admins and their roles

Post by Tesral » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:43 am

To follow. I'll just repost my intro, it still fits.

I am an aging SF fan with too much time on his hands. I was born January 7, 1958 along with the space age. I saw every lift-off, major event, and splash-down of the first age of Space Exploration as it was happening. I know where I was when Kennedy was killed, and when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon. I hope in my heart to live long enough to remember where I was when man sets foot on Mars.

My hobbies include folk music, including that thing called Filk. I have played AD&D and D&D in some form since 1976 (no not one session), and I am crazy over the work of Anne McCaffery, Robert Heinlein, EE 'Doc' Smith and Arthur C. Clarke, among other authors. I have also met two of the four, you guess which two. I am a lifetime Star Trek fan.

I love modeling. Star Ships are one of my favorite subject, but not the only one. Sadly health issues have kept me away from active modeling lately but I like to keep my hand in if you will. I want to get past this and back to the table.

My main scale is 1/2500, mainly for space issues. I am not wedded to that however.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “Important”