Help AST by restoring your old threads

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Help AST by restoring your old threads

Post by Xen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 pm

As mentioned in a previous discussion (here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4467&p=59173#p59173) I would like your help on a 'resoration project'.

AST has accumulated a lot of really cool build threads, eye candy threads, with many contributing to the collective. Unfortunately, even though AST does NOT 'purge' threads, I think a lot of folks just assume we do and perhaps ignore the search option as well.

If you happen be an original poster (or contributor to a great thread) please do your best to seek them out and list them here.

The goal is to create a new forum for the most amazing builds we have accumulated over the last 5 years, as folks swapped ideas and experiences. The same for pure eye candy and threads rich in problem solving hints and tips.

If RL ever lets up on me then perhaps I can do more (or get someone else to take over). Personally I would like the tag option many sites have, but with a selection of default tags and maybe one custom tag. The idea behind that would be to really streamline the process of checking out what you want to see, with the click of a button. A member gallery and general gallery might be nice as well. AST was never meant to just be a forum, but we've done 'okay' considering it is what it is, and the only promotion has been word of mouth.

I have a couple of really exciting contest ideas (which could be nothing special, but that's for you to decide), which I will share as of when I feel I am able to 'course correct' the little tank engine that is AllScaleTrek. ;)

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: Help AST by restoring your old threads

Post by mophius » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:55 pm

Hello guys. To help Xen out I will be copying some posts from the contests area to the respective scale threads.
Unfortunately due to PB big money making idea a lot of the threads have the usual PB 3rd party blocker picture instead of the lovely eye candy that we do so like and drool over.

Any chance that you get to look through some old pics and think 'oo, I saw them the other day!' and maybe adjust the posts to show the drool machines what the threads are about. Maybe there will be some unexpected updates you overlooked too, who knows.

Mo
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 pm

I'm so !!!!!!!! of at Photobucket. It's ruined several threads I made

If anyone has a thread of mine they'd like me to try and fix let me know.

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:04 pm

It’s pretty simple to “fix” the threads.

Here’s what you do if you didn’t save the pics on a PC:
1) Go to your thread, click on each pic, then save to your current device of preference.
2) Edit each post with pics you want to replace by removing the link to Photobucket for your pic(s).
3) Scroll down to “Attachments”, click “Add files” and upload the same pic(s).
4) Click on “Place inline”, making sure your cursor is where you want the pic(s) to be.
5) Click “Submit”.

If you do have direct access to them and don’t need to re-download them to your device/PC, then skip step one, above.

That’s how I’ve fixed my threads. Some I still had on my phone, most I didn’t. But, I think they’re all fixed up right now with images saved here on AST - and I made sure they were backed up at two locations.

Best of luck!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Thank you Griff.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:22 pm

good to see you back steam!

i think you had a contest entry i would very much like to copy over to the scales section.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:24 pm

p.s. after the latest pb fiasco i made it a rule to upload at least one relevant pic to the thread. just in case someone else tries to pull what pb did.

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Kremin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Just Spent a some time downloading the images from PB so let me know which threads you want updating and I'll sort it

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by trekriffic » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Just replaced the defunct PB image links on two pages of my Klingon Bird-of-Prey build thread from the 2014 AST "Make it So" contest with links to those in my Flickr! album. It was easy, they were mostly in the same order on Flickr! as they were in the thread:

http://www.allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1949
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:47 pm

if you have any completed or just interesting build threads, please attend to them first.

then, if you're feeling charitable, share the love in our new gallery teaser sections.

either way, update us here and mo or someone will copy them over the scale threads.

a lot of folks haven;t seen what was done in the contests, so it's worth the effort. it rally depends on how far back you want to go.

Return to “Important”