Report upgrade problems (12 June 2018) here

The place for forum help, reporting bugs and other issues relating to AST.
burwellian
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Report upgrade problems (12 June 2018) here

Post by burwellian »

Looking fine post update, but the donate button isn't there yet :)
1:1400 newbie.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: Please help make AST better by reporting site problems

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Site is running ok for me - only complaint.... looks to much like SSM now :lol:
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

What's wrong with how SM looks...? Plus, this is how AST looked prior to the last big update of a few days ago. That's both on my iPhone and PC.

My complaint - I used to have to log in almost every time I came to AST on my iPhone. Now that's fine, but I have to log in EVERY TIME that I come here on my desktop. I'm running Win10 and using standard Windows. I didn't have this problem until this recent set of updates. I've tried restarting, clearing cache, etc... Still have to log in on the PC every time I come to AST.

Obviously, I'll live, tho we were asked to report problems. Sooo....
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder »

Griffworks wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 am What's wrong with how SM looks...? Plus, this is how AST looked prior to the last big update of a few days ago. That's both on my iPhone and PC.

My complaint - I used to have to log in almost every time I came to AST on my iPhone. Now that's fine, but I have to log in EVERY TIME that I come here on my desktop. I'm running Win10 and using standard Windows. I didn't have this problem until this recent set of updates. I've tried restarting, clearing cache, etc... Still have to log in on the PC every time I come to AST.

Obviously, I'll live, tho we were asked to report problems. Sooo....
Came here to report the same problem. "Remember Me" is simply not working. I even tried deleting cookies, from the board, and all but the most recent remember me login key in the control panel. Still no joy.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Might be a winders issue. I am not seeing this.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Please help make AST better by reporting site problems

Post by Griffworks »

Whether it is a "winders issue" or not, it wasn't an issue until this latest update/upgrade. Everything was fine on my end.

EDIT: And I don't meant to sound like I'm whining. I'm just passing on the info.

I'm also having no issues with Starship Modeler, which runs the exact same phpBB software.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
TrekMD
Head of Starfleet Medical
Head of Starfleet Medical

Post by TrekMD »

I'm having the same issue with having to log in every time. This is on desktop using Firefox. The forum does look fine now, though. Back to how it looked originally.
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

okay guys, we've made the 'leap' to 3.2 and fixed a few things but i fully expected bugs and things not being quite okay.

try and bullet point what the problem is first and add any information after if you feel it is needed. that way i can pass this on without having to scan the the entirety of each post. you can mark the problem is bold or color coded, whatever you wish.

i just got back online today, so i too, have noticed a few weird things. i will be making a list and forward them to the devs to look at.

rest assured things will be fixed, but it takes time.

keep the reports coming and if you can, please include a screenshot if it's better than explaining what you did or how something looks.

many thanks!
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

to make things clearer for me and the dev to check out i'm going to split this thread and rename it 'report new upgrade problems here'.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Griffworks wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:40 am Whether it is a "winders issue" or not, it wasn't an issue until this latest update/upgrade. Everything was fine on my end.

EDIT: And I don't meant to sound like I'm whining. I'm just passing on the info.

I'm also having no issues with Starship Modeler, which runs the exact same phpBB software.
It could also be a cookies thing. I NEVER tun my machine off. So my AST sessions can be months long. Yea, one session as far as the computer and the board are concerned. No computer down time Firefox running the whole time.

I went to Wonderfest and didn't turn the computer off.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “Help & Contact”