pagetab string

The place for new forum requests, suggestions, bug reports and other issues relating to AST.
kobayashimaru
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

pagetab string

Post by kobayashimaru » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:11 am

howdy,
since a recent layout change,
the AST site tab (which used to read "AST - home of trek modelling" ) and Banner Roll Over Code,
now instead reads ; "<!--%3C!%2D%2D.... |489 character string 'interoperable pivot code?" |"

Can it please be resolved to once again read
"AST - home of Trek Modelling" etc?
Thanking you

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: pagetab string

Post by Kremin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Alt text.jpg

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:01 pm

ugh. yet it looks fine for me. i could've sworn i put everything back to normal again. i'll have a dev look at it. i don't have the same mojo for 'deconfuzzling' that i did the other day. sorry guys. it will be fixed.

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Kremin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Looking at the source code the highlighted section below is what's generating it not sure what it was supposed to be used for but it doesn't seem to work
bugger.jpg

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:18 pm

it is being investigated. it will be fixed.

now might actually be a good time to make the jump and upgrade the board. i might as well get that done while everyone is already !!!!!!!! off. :P

burwellian
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by burwellian » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:51 pm

lol, not f'ed off, just obliging with the "Help AST by reporting site problems" :)
1:1400 newbie.

kobayashimaru
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by kobayashimaru » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 pm

@Kremin
thanks for the screen-caps, as they helped to identify the what-the-ness (and help isolate that it was a quelle source and not a
"this end only what-the/ISP fun") :borg:

I know it was a momentary what-the, though
It reminds me of "cross-talk gobildigook/jargon' from interoperable intermediary language,
you know, like what can happen if you don't transliterate from 2 languages which aren't Chomsky-Dunning-Arndt interoperable
(ie, FORTRAN to SATA3 printer etc) or Alberta-Perl-AGIXML (yup, they can be shoehorned to 'raw' talk to each other, "Terry A Davis Style" :lol: )
I mean, there's whole stuff there, it's like "security from obscurity" in some contexts,
and in others, it's like Chiptunes (some jargon-bloat/ gobildigook stuff like that can produce great ChipTunes songs keydrivers).

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:29 pm

burwellian wrote:lol, not f'ed off, just obliging with the "Help AST by reporting site problems" :)
i thought my token smilie negated any sense of true anger from my end. tongue in cheek so to speak. :) f the force, use the emoji! :P

expect more changes or 'stuff' happening. i have decided to go ahead with the upgrade while other things are being working on.

no downtime as such, but there might be a few bumps.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:30 pm

and yes, thank you for the screenshots. if only everyone could follow your example and do that.

Return to “Support & Feedback”