re outage

The place for new forum requests, suggestions, bug reports and other issues relating to AST.
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: re outage

Post by Kremin » Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm

slawton wrote: Another issue - currently (as of today), the icon to edit my own posts does not show up, just the report and quote icons.
This needs addressing ASAP or people will just stop posting all together

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Wed May 23, 2018 3:36 am

Excellent point. Tho I predict it won't happen - it would allow people the opportunity to go back and delete content in the threads that THEY created. That's something I'm 99.9% sure is exactly why Alex locked that capability out in the first place. That's the only thing that makes sense, as last night before I went to bed, I saw that option in one of my posts that I was looking at. Then after slawton mentioned it above, I took note, as well.

It's no accident. I've run forums on phpBB software, as well as a few other types, and in order to lock out certain standard user capabilities, you have to go in and VERY DELIBERATELY make those changes. It's not like "Whoops! I was trying to post something and accidentally hung up my iPhone!"

See, I wasn't even insulting or denigrating or anything! Just factual. :D
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

kobayashimaru
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by kobayashimaru » Wed May 23, 2018 5:09 am

hi there.
There seems to have been several tangents to the Original Post of this Thread,
I thoroughly encourage folks to utilize the "Off Topic" and "General" threads to
explore those tangents further in separate threads,
as there's a lot of neat ideas there in some of those.

-----
The Original Purpose of this particular thread,
was in regards to a "what-the" outage experienced between ~23-04-2018 and ~30-04-2018,
from a number of device/OS/Browser combos in this locale.
it was different to the anticipated migration, which we were forewarned about and given ample heads up of.
That was the first 'major level outage', so, 1 in 5 years is pretty awesome all things considered.

thankfully though, the issue seems resolved,
and we can once again AST-it-up! :lol:

Return to “Support & Feedback”