A Big Ole Honkin' Thanks

The place for forum help, reporting bugs and other issues relating to AST.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

A Big Ole Honkin' Thanks

Post by Griffworks »

To whoever thinned out the Announcements that appear at the top of each forum section! It's really annoying to have to scroll down two or more "pages" just to get to the posts in that particular forum. I might be the only one, but I wholeheartedly appreciate whoever took the time out of their life to remove those thread topics which were either no longer relevant or hadn't been posted to in months and weren't non-time sensitive.

ESPECIALLY since we have to scroll way down to the bottom to get to the primary reason for this forum to exist - the models portion of All Scale Trek.

Thank you! :D
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Re: A Big Ole Honkin' Thanks

Post by Kratok »

That would be me.
Though thanks are not necessary. :oops:

I concur on the number of outdated announcements that were "hiding" the desired content. Xen was kind enough to entrust me with some limited editing capability, though I have no real experience with phpBB. So, I decided that I would teach myself a little and try to clean things up a bit for all of us at the same time.

I'm trying not to overstep, because this IS Xen's baby. And quite frankly, my free time anymore is severely limited. But it is a nice little distraction when I need a short break from other responsibilities.

So yes, you will probably see some VERY mild, gradual changes in the visuals here at AST.
As time permits, and as I educate myself (or until Xen tells me to stop :twisted: ).

Changes so far:
1. Restructured/cleaned up the Conventions section, hopefully making it easier to navigate (and post to? Please?).
2. Consolidated and removed some announcements to make it faster to get to the Good Stuff. :D
3. Resequenced the contests so that the most current Contest is at the top, rather than the bottom of the list.
4. Moved a few threads into a more logical forum
5. A few other minor tweaks

I don't disagree that the modeling forums could potentially be moved further up the tree, since they are the primary area of interest for most of us. But AST offers a lot more than just those modeling forums - scrolling past the rest might cause something to catch our eye, and give us a chance to see additional sides of the hobby. Also, that is a major structural change that I think is beyond the scope of what Xen might want me to do. I have to respect the Big Guy's turf.

More to come. I hope in the process we give the site a bit of a "freshening up", and make her easier to use for all of our wonderful members.

Enjoy
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: A Big Ole Honkin' Thanks

Post by Griffworks »

Well, I disagree with you on a need for thanks. Back in the day, I did something similar to the old Mighty Ten-12 Forum of the 2500 Scale Forums. Pruning and moving things around never hurts a Forum like this, especially if it's done with a light touch, as you've done.

So, thank you! It's appreciated!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Return to “Help & Contact”