Need help from UK users (ebay)

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
Dr_Corsa
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Need help from UK users (ebay)

Post by Dr_Corsa » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi!

So its's very simple: there is one Enterprise D kit on ebay UK from the last production time in 2001 with the same decals like my Enterprise at home. And because not all transpporter pads decals on my model are the same, I need this kit with the white back packaging paper to replace some of them o my ship.

But unfortunately the seller doesn't ship to Germany. And here I need your help: can you buy this kit and send it to me? Of cource I'll pay everything: the ebay costs and the shipping to me!

So if You like to help me, please contact me via PM.

Greeting,
Michael
Attachments
WP_20170212_032.jpg
See the different transporter decals on the "cobra" head"
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Need help from UK users (ebay)

Post by Xen » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:22 am

it might be better to contact meatloafr here. i believe he has an alps printer that can print on white paper. you can also ask for folks to send to you direct if they have them via the classifieds. either of those options has to be better than x2 shipping costs. good luck though! :vulcan:

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Xen wrote:it might be better to contact meatloafr here. i believe he has an alps printer that can print on white paper. you can also ask for folks to send to you direct if they have them via the classifieds. either of those options has to be better than x2 shipping costs. good luck though! :vulcan:
MEATLOAFr has stated that he no longer has an ALPS printer.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:12 pm

mophius wrote:
Xen wrote:it might be better to contact meatloafr here. i believe he has an alps printer that can print on white paper. you can also ask for folks to send to you direct if they have them via the classifieds. either of those options has to be better than x2 shipping costs. good luck though! :vulcan:
MEATLOAFr has stated that he no longer has an ALPS printer.
What mophius said. The only vendor who prints decals on white is Fallout Hobbies and I'd recommend discussing it with him beforehand since 1) Michael/Dr_Corsa is in Germany and I don't know if he ships international and 2) get a good understanding from Fallout on what the turnaround time will be. He's a good guy, a former member of AST, but he admits that he can occasionally get behind because of the sheer number of orders he receives.

Another possibility is that I have a spare 1400 Enterprise I will probably not get to. I'd rather have it go to a good home. I don't know how much it is going for on eBay, but PM me with a price if you're interested.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:23 pm

The solution is $3000+. I looked into printing in laser 4 color plus white. To do it I would have to do a kickstarter or a gofundme and monetize the printer. That is the part I am not sure of. Finding the energy to print and ship orders.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Post by MEATLOAFr » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:53 am

I do have white paper - you would have to cut real close to the edge - or I can over print the edges
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

Dr_Corsa
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi!

I know about custom decal printing here :). And in a future I'll contact MEATLOAFr for custom decals like USS Raven and USS Elkins.

But I habe two reasons, why I will get this kit from UK:
1. this decal sheet: because it's better to get the same decals like my ship and replace only 3 but not 20 transporter pads.

2. because I can use the kit for an NEbula conversion later too :).

Here You can see this kit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332551481784 ... Track=true

This white back paper was used on DS9, big Ent-D and big Ent-E Insurrection in 2001. All anoter earlier releases had brown back bax paper.

Attached you can see the decal from 2001 (internet pic) and an typical older decal. There are really different colors.

Greeting
Michael
Attachments
WP_20161227_002.jpg
Old decal sheet between 1986 and 1997
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_3(2).jpg
Decal from 2001
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_3(2).jpg (58.28 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller

marcnoonan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by marcnoonan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:32 am

Hi Michael,

I can do it for you. 8-)

I'll send you a pm

Cheers

Marc
My Shapeways Shop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/1/2500%2 ... e-products

Gallery
http://www.shapeways.com/designer/marcnoonan
If there's any model of anything you want that's not available anywhere.....send me a PM.

Return to “General Trek”