Now or Never Guys

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Re: Now or Never Guys

Post by MEATLOAFr » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:01 pm

el gato wrote:
RogueWolf wrote:
Tesral wrote:I like this joint, I want to keep it around.
Ditto and amen!
So say we all!

Wrong franchise, but seemed appropriate
no, it's cannon... enterprise was part of the rag tag fleet

If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:41 pm

And you’re welcome for the discovery that TOS-E was a part of the RTF! I originally discovered that in early Summer of ‘05, after reviewing a DVD copy a friend had made for me. I was Deployed when the first season aired, so had missed it, initially. I got it confirmed with Lee Stringer, a friend who was a supervisor at ZOIC Studios during film of the Miniseries and the first season. To his knowledge at that time, no one else had contacted him or any of the other folks that Lee still had contact with.

My original screen grab:
EBE94ECD-CA94-4082-989D-BFD5A7A64000.jpeg
Enterprise appears in every episode of Season One - sometimes more than once - and several episodes of the first half of Season Two. This was by use of the same, roughly, 3 second bit of footage from the end of the Miniseries. That scene appears after Galactica makes the Junp away from Ragnar Anchorage, where it fades to black for a few seconds, then fades back in. It never appears again after the episode “Pegasus”, tho.

It’s reall kewel when the CG folks are also fans of various SciFi shows.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Max Nex
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Max Nex » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:11 pm

I do not have any electronic means of payment.
if you could provide a real world address I can send a check or money order.
(I'm old school when it comes to money)

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:54 pm

Griffworks wrote:And you’re welcome for the discovery that TOS-E was a part of the RTF! I originally discovered that in early Summer of ‘05, after reviewing a DVD copy a friend had made for me. I was Deployed when the first season aired, so had missed it, initially. I got it confirmed with Lee Stringer, a friend who was a supervisor at ZOIC Studios during film of the Miniseries and the first season. To his knowledge at that time, no one else had contacted him or any of the other folks that Lee still had contact with.

My original screen grab:

Enterprise appears in every episode of Season One - sometimes more than once - and several episodes of the first half of Season Two. This was by use of the same, roughly, 3 second bit of footage from the end of the Miniseries. That scene appears after Galactica makes the Junp away from Ragnar Anchorage, where it fades to black for a few seconds, then fades back in. It never appears again after the episode “Pegasus”, tho.

It’s reall kewel when the CG folks are also fans of various SciFi shows.
Man, I remember that discussion over at SSM... :oldtimer:

Were you the one that also caught the Serenity from Firefly as also BSG canon?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 am

I think that’s EVERYONE, Brother! That was a much more obvious thing to spot. It was a part of the discussion, and it’s possible I mentioned it first, tho I’d wager not. It shows up in the Miniseries where Roslin is sitting in the doctors office - it’s one of the ships launching up about one or two seconds into the scene, IIRC. It moves right to left, rising up as it goes.

Another semi-related note - several Firefly ships show up in BSG. Also, a couple of BSG ships show up in the movie Serenity as a part of the Reavers graveyard.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:13 pm

hi folks,

i wasn't expecting this. i am completely taken aback by the help.

firstly, by tesral, words and actions. then rw with the same. then seeing what the rest of the community has done.

thanking you all doesn't feel enough, but it is heartfelt. your help shows that there is still a need and a wanting for what we bring here. in spite of competition and other factors.

i can confirm ast has met its amount for the hosting side. i will keep anything that i deem as personal information private. including amounts and any 'grand totals'.

for privacy purposes this thread may change location and permissions to reflect that. that way i may get the chance to expand on thoughts and answer questions in more detail, without informing every 'bot' and 'foe' this neck of the woods.

that said, i sped read and found two questions in need of an immediate answer.

@ griffworks [and community in general]. any 'extra' funds would be put in a 'pot' to be used as funding for a better host, hosting package, paid maintenance, paid upgrades, paid bespoke upgrades. in short, the more the site gets, the more options there are.

for folks that are unhappy with the basic examples shared, and have already donated, please request a refund via paypal, or pm me directly if it needs to be done on my end.

i feel after 5 years that ast [and maybe even i have earned the right] to be given the benefit of the doubt. i do however, understand all too well, that...every...penny...counts. no hard feelings either way. :)

@ max nex. unfortunately, I only accept paypal. It has been a fair solution as both sender and receiver over the years. thank you for good intentions though. :)

to the rest, the idea folk, the lurkers, content contributors and lurker, content, cash combo members, please know that you are very much valued. without all of you, we would have no traffic, no eye candy and nothing to help keep the lights on.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Xen, for what it's worth, do what you think is best with the funds I sent. You and the admins know what is needed behind the scenes. If they help get AST over to the next level, then so be it.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:31 pm

I’m not sure why you directed all that three paragraphs at me. I don’t recall anything I posted as being even slightly negative or questioning of the integrity of how the funds were going to be spent. It was an honest question - no malice even hinted at....

Huh.... :|

My Flickr Albums

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:14 pm

@ el gato. thanks for the vote of confidence. no team as such, but i am working on some kind of way to get ast running smoothly.

@ griffworks [and the community in general]. it was a post about an overlap that made me feel i should explain a what if scenario with extra funds. not any malice directed at you either [i lost my ability of successful internet etiquette a while ago, the right use of smilies and so on goes a long way].

people talk behind the scenes, i'm still a somewhat newbie admin/mod [one more reason why cool, calm, collected folks like kratok and scotchyn did the mod side] and i took a cue from the way folks like del has handled any/all what if's with his biz to help give folks a bigger picture and engender trust. folks like del and mvm, john and ssm never take that for granted and want to keep raising the bar. inspiring.

i also have to remind myself that i don't know most here, and vice versa. the community that i knew of back when i was last so-so health-wise and has recycled 3 or 4 times.

the point is, i felt it was a valid question in need of answering. it's that extra nod to the folks that have shelved out -their- cash to help out a site. to help out some guy, from the cue of another guy talking about it all [kudos to tesral and rogue wolf] for that. all at a time when nobody really has cash to spare.

i wish we had a robust, healthy team. kratok does what he can, then jets off and deals with his own 'stuff'. fair enough and he knows i am fine with that.

then i had scott taken away. that still haunts me for so many reasons i can't get into on the public side.

in the festive spirit, can i thank you for the monetary donation and all the cool content you have provided?

chalk it up to me being crabby and easily riled over most things due to rl stuff?

this is me being as transparent as i can to the community and hoping what comes out from my end makes sense and works right.

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Thanks for the in-depth explanation. I appreciate that and see that I read in to what you wrote. My apologies for doing so, and that’s on me, not you.

I wouldn’t worry overmuch about what folks say behind the scenes, if you mean what might be said by others about you and your site. People are going to have opinions, and are entitled to speak their minds. Generally, what’s said isn’t terribly important, in the long run. It may be hurtful, tho even then it’s just words and the source - and possible mood at the time - should be taken into account.

And yeah, all of that includes me, too.

Anyhow, again - my apologies.

My Flickr Albums

Return to “General Trek”