Favorite Era Poll

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.

What is your favorite Trek era?

The Original Series
20%
TOS Crew Movies
26%
The Next Generation / DS9 / Voyager
50%
Enterprise
3%
NUTrek
1%

Total votes: 76

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Favorite Era Poll

Post by Xen »

I'm curious about this too. :P
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Favorite Era Poll

Post by Tesral »

I think a ranking would be better. While I have he first love, like like Trek, period.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I like them all.

But Enterprise- shows the basis of the Federation- and there is much that is vulnerable.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Tesral wrote:I think a ranking would be better. While I have he first love, like like Trek, period.
I'm not sure how I could do that with a poll. I can allow multiple choices, but then each choice would have a vote and end up with an equal score. The only way I can see that working is posting your top 5 here.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Xen wrote:
Tesral wrote:I think a ranking would be better. While I have he first love, like like Trek, period.
I'm not sure how I could do that with a poll. I can allow multiple choices, but then each choice would have a vote and end up with an equal score. The only way I can see that working is posting your top 5 here.
TOS -- Including the TOS crew movies and TAS (Time travel episodes should have stopped HERE, at most no more than one or two per series.)
TNG -- Solid effort. Needed less Q and no Borg less time travel.
DS9 -- Spoiled by the Dominion war I think and the Start of the B&B era.

Voyager, and Enterprise are in a different category. Both had a few example of solid Trek but it had to fight to the surface.

I do not consider the Nu as trek. Replacement Trek Entertainment product perhaps. AISI JJ's Mary Sue Kirk and brain dead Starfleet shat all over Trek.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Argh!!

I can't decide. The first 6 films are incredible, The naval feel, the ships have a great sense of scale It's Kirk! I think this would have to be my answer. It's still the time of cowboy diplomacy, if you're on the Klingon border, you're in danger, and there won't be a conference call with Starfleet to decide what to do!

But TNG / DS9 /VOY? That's about half of all established trek! Incredible episodes, fantastic ships I mean lets face it TNG is TNG: a show so good that Trek stayed on the air for another 11 years on it's coat tails.
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

The only *real* Star Trek to me is the one I grew up with in glorious black and white (well, it was for me anyway :) ) — the original three seasons of Star Trek.
ulvdemon
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by ulvdemon »

Always did like the Defiant. :) Though I do like all of the different eras.
Current Build: Revell/Monogram 1/48 F-14D

On Hold: 1/48 Revell Mig-21PFM
Completed: 1/420 USS Defiant
Completed: AMT 1/650(?) USS Enterprise
Completed: 1/72 Bandai VF-1J
Completed: Linbergh's USS Gato
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Hard to decide, but I went with the TNG/DS9/Voy eras for this poll. I interpreted the question it through the eyes of a modeler and responded as such. While I love the TOS E and Kirk & Company, TOS was limited in its SPFX technology during its run (which is ironic because it had one of the largest SPFX budgets for its time). What you saw on screen was limited and when they did show another ship besides the Enterprise, chances are it was either a repurposed model, a point of light or a cube. TNG in its later seasons and its immediate successors were able to get more detailed and creative in its diversity of ships (frankenfleet notwithstanding), which furthered our hobby.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

el gato wrote:chances are it was either a repurposed model, a point of light or a cube.
Don't forget the "ghost hand" or microscope uses
el gato wrote: (frankenfleet notwithstanding), which furthered our hobby.
Budget cuts and just plain laziness affects everyone
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!

Return to “General Trek”