Favorite Era Poll

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.

What is your favorite Trek era?

The Original Series
20%
TOS Crew Movies
26%
The Next Generation / DS9 / Voyager
50%
Enterprise
3%
NUTrek
1%

Total votes: 76

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Favorite Era Poll

Post by Lonewolf »

Movie era is the top choice for me. TNG comes in a close second, as I watched about 90% of the episodes in high school/college.

I missed large chunks of Voyager, but we have the series on DVD so I'll be able to see what I missed. Deep Space Nine . . . missed most of the later seasons. Got married, moved to a new house without cable, first child was born in November '99 . . . . lots going on at the time, and watching DS9 wasn't a priority.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Stonewall
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by Stonewall »

TOS Movie for me STII TWOK to STVI TUC are perfection :D
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

A bit late for the party but... I cannot believe that nuTrek was included in this poll.

:cry:

Oh, I got it... that was just a joke!

:mrgreen:
Thanks,

Yan.
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x »

I chose the TOS Crew Movie Era, based solely on ship design. For me, of all the Federation ship designs, the Enterprise refit is king. Simply my favorite, though the Enterprise-D, and TOS Enterprise are very close, and round out my top 3 Trek ships of all time. However, the TOS crew movie era also brought us the first canon ship designs beyond the constitution class: the USS Reliant (Miranda Class), USS Grissom (Oberth class), and the USS Excelsior (Excelsior Class).

Now, if I were to choose my favorite era of Star Trek, based on the shows, I have a far tougher time deciding. I'd have to go with TOS/TOS movie era, by a slim margin, because I like TNG just as much, but TOS/TOS movies are what made me a fan.

But, I am also a fan of DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise, too. All of them had great ship designs. The USS Enterprise-E, USS Voyager, and NX-01 Enterprise are all great looking ships from those eras.

I never was really on board with the Abramsverse, Kelvinverse, Alternate Timeline, whatever people are calling it these days. They aren't bad movies and the SFX are awesome, but I just don't have an emotional connection to that era. Speaking purely from a ship design perspective, there are some pretty cool ship designs (IE Kelvin, Vengeance, Constellation class-like ship), but it took until the third movie and some tweaking before the Enterprise 1701 grew on me, and then it gets destroyed! At first I was a fan of the Enterprise-A (alternate, or Enterprise-A-A?) based on the brief glimpse we got, but when I saw more detailed pictures by the original artist, that side view is just hideous!
Gorn
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Gorn »

Really, DisCRAPery is part of NuTrek.
Total expansion = total gravitation; the Universe comes from nothing.

Return to “General Trek”