1/2500 Son'a Battleship

P/reviews of Star Trek model kits and parts by various Aftermarket (Garage Kit) suppliers!
Post Reply
User avatar
stracTrek
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Orion Spur of the Sagittarius Arm

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by stracTrek » Tue May 28, 2013 4:07 am

lakespeed wrote:It's one that won't be released until this fall sometime.

Actually, the center "bulb" is going to be split into three pieces and regrown because there were some serious undercuts that would have made casting that part difficult.

Right now the plan is to get some restocks in, then the 1/2500 TOS ships done. That will give me time to clean up the Phobos, Olympic and Winged Defender. The the Son'a and Xindi/Orions. 8-)
When do you plan on getting the new 2500 Klingons released? (D-4/early bop)
“The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the root of all the evil that is in the world” -Max Born

lakespeed
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by lakespeed » Tue May 28, 2013 1:43 pm

..
Last edited by lakespeed on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stracTrek
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Orion Spur of the Sagittarius Arm

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by stracTrek » Wed May 29, 2013 3:01 am

Sold. I'm excited about that. :borg2:
“The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the root of all the evil that is in the world” -Max Born

User avatar
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Up to my eyebrows in unbuilt models!
Contact:

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by Lonewolf » Thu May 30, 2013 1:39 am

nicholassagan wrote:Rich, it's actually from ST:Insurrection, not DS9.
Oops. Well, in my defense, I've seen Insurrection exactly ONCE, and I don't really remember much of it. Guess I better watch it again. :oops:
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

User avatar
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 617
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by slawton » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:29 pm

Eric honored a last minute purchase for me including this kit -- it is really cool. Has anyone built and/or painted one? The ship is mostly variations in gray with reddish engines, some yellow on the front & white windows -- not a lot of reference pics.
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer

Tuovedevoli
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:26 am

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by Tuovedevoli » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:31 am

Is there any way to still get one of these kits?

Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 825
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:45 am
Location: Limestone, TN

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by Scotchyn » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:55 am

not sure about availability, ill send him a message and see what i can find out any info on it..ill try and gets some pics up of mine finished

peted79
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:12 pm
Location: Nersingen, Germany

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by peted79 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:18 am

Hi,
try www.timeless-hobbies.com.. Take a look at the star trek kits section called "Movie".
There you should find it.

Peter

User avatar
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer
Posts: 2122
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 pm
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by Del » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:16 am

Tuovedevoli wrote:Is there any way to still get one of these kits?
The master for this kit was acquired by JT Graphics. Currently he's in a bit of a struggle to keep the shop running at top speed since his good friend passed away in June. His friend did all of the casting and so Jeffrey has had to relocate the equipment to his house and work through the process of setting things up again. He also is the VP at a 3D printing company during the day, so he's pretty busy.

The answer is that you'll most likely be able to purchase it again in the future, but it might not be for quite some time.
peted79 wrote:Hi,
try http://www.timeless-hobbies.com . Take a look at the star trek kits section called "Movie".
There you should find it.

Peter

Shows "Out of Stock", and that's because Delta Quadrant is no more, so they won't be getting a restock anytime soon. Nice to see that it was stocked there at one time though.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

User avatar
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Posts: 4962
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 pm
Location: West of Eugene Oregon.

Re: 1/2500 Son'a Battleship

Post by Moongrim » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Del wrote:
Tuovedevoli wrote:Is there any way to still get one of these kits?
The master for this kit was acquired by JT Graphics. Currently he's in a bit of a struggle to keep the shop running at top speed since his good friend passed away in June. His friend did all of the casting and so Jeffrey has had to relocate the equipment to his house and work through the process of setting things up again. He also is the VP at a 3D printing company during the day, so he's pretty busy.

The answer is that you'll most likely be able to purchase it again in the future, but it might not be for quite some time.
peted79 wrote:Hi,
try http://www.timeless-hobbies.com . Take a look at the star trek kits section called "Movie".
There you should find it.

Peter

Shows "Out of Stock", and that's because Delta Quadrant is no more, so they won't be getting a restock anytime soon. Nice to see that it was stocked there at one time though.
Thank you for that bit of information. I've been waiting on a special order from him (JT Graphics), and seeing what's going on- I'm gonna cut him some extra slack then. It's only fair.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Post Reply

Return to “Aftermarket (Garage Kits)”