1/2 Scale Nomad

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
tmlindsey
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

1/2 Scale Nomad

Post by tmlindsey »

Hello All!

After many months, I'm almost finished with a 1:2 Nomad for the same person who requested the 1:1 Nomad last year.

Fairly happy with the results so far. The electronics were provided by someone an out-of-town friend knows (the local guy flaked out on me, as feared/expected).

Purist Warning: The "more colorful" paint job was their request, not mine; but it looks better than some of the suggested combinations :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwGRJAR ... e=youtu.be

I'm soooooo tried of looking at Nomads right now :eek:

I wish I could wrap my head around electronics and do them myself, but that stuff totally escapes me.
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: 1/2 Scale Nomad

Post by MEATLOAFr »

looks nice

embedded link for those of us that are lazy and don't want to click out
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
tmlindsey
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by tmlindsey »

Speaking as a purist, I was very uneasy about doing the more colorful version, but I am actually happy with the two-tone effect. I imagine if Nomad was on "Lost in Space" vs "Star Trek" it would have been at least this colorful :lol:
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Whoa! That's pretty darned kewel.

Will you be returning to any of the other models you used to sell? There still hasn't been a decent Constellation-class or Sydney-class in 1/2500 since yours went out of production. If not, any more thoughts on returning to the GKM biz, maybe just with other scaled products?
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
tmlindsey
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by tmlindsey »

Griffworks wrote:Whoa! That's pretty darned kewel.
Will you be returning to any of the other models you used to sell?
I've been considering it but I've been trying to catch up on a bunch of other (non-fun) things :|
There still hasn't been a decent Constellation-class or Sydney-class in 1/2500 since yours went out of production.
Thanks again :)
If not, any more thoughts on returning to the GKM biz, maybe just with other scaled products?
I have one potential resin kit that was in-the-works when I was asked to do the Nomad, Tardis and Kronos for a gallery show, and I set it aside. I'm working on it again but it is not only complicated to engineer, but a whopper in size.

Shipping prices and expenses being what they are these days I'm not sure it would be a good enough seller to warrant the investment on molds. But I'll post pics of a prototype when I have it done and will get feed-back before going all out investment-wise, though.

Return to “Misc”