Some of my old 1/537 Scale Models *PIC HEAVY*

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Some of my old 1/537 Scale Models *PIC HEAVY*

Post by Griffworks »

MadManMUC wrote:Out of curiosity, have you ever tackled the Chandley-class in 537? That would be an absolutely epic build, especially accurised (e.g. getting rid of the scribed panel lines), Aztec-painted and lit.

I maaaaaay have a crack at that one next year, after the other three kits/one kitbash I have in my head. Or it might be 2019, at the rate I'm going. :P
Check it out! :D

Revisiting this thread after having found some Chandley-class pics the other day. The first set are from Michael Retodo, who had scratchbuild a conversion of the Chandley using a standard 1/537 Refit. My memory is a little vague at this point, but I don't think he ever completely finished her, as the "shoulders" were left open in the middle.
chand1.jpg
chand1.jpg (21.04 KiB) Viewed 649 times
chand2.jpg
chand2.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 649 times
chand3.jpg
chand3.jpg (20.93 KiB) Viewed 649 times
chand4.jpg
chand4.jpg (18.87 KiB) Viewed 649 times
I want to say that Michael told me that he had sold the model in these pics to a collector, tho I don't recall any details beyond that.

I had commissioned the main hull be built by Michael in the mid 1990's. He had asked me to give him as long as a year, which I did. When I tried contacting him, I was told by his parents that he didin't live there any longer, tho they would definitely give him the message that I had called and why I was calling. I then went on a series of Deployments - I was Active Duty USAF stationed in New Mexico at the time - and sort of forgot about it.

Eventually, tho, I dug up the infomation about being stationed here in Arkansas at Little Rock AFB. It took me some time to make contact, tho he eventually did indeed get back to me. I received the main hull - which is what I had commissioned along with the pylons that I wanted to attach myself.
Chand01.jpg
Chand02.jpg
I had sent upgrade/kitbashing parts from Thomas Models (later, PNT Models) to be added: an Abbe-class bridge, accurized B/C deck w/VIP lounge, split impulse deck and navigational deflector to be added to the build. The only part he added as requested was the lower saucer navigational deflector. He also hadn't built up the interior for the "shoulders".

Anyhow, I never completed the build. I instead ended up gifting it to my friend Barry Yoner. Or maybe we traded... I honestly forget for sure. It was when I had decided to give up on much in the way of large-scale Trek and had switched whole-hog to 1/2500 scale Trek. So, I wanted it to go to someone who'd appreciate it and give it the TLC it deserved.

I've also found even more pics of some other 1/537 projects. I'll eventually add those, as well.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

And found an old pic from 2005 of my Federation sporting the MEGA!phasers that I mentioned previously!
fed3.jpg
fed3.jpg (50.73 KiB) Viewed 616 times
Not the best of pics - I had to crop it from a larger field pic of one of my old offices - tho you can definitely make out those MEGA!phaser emplacements at the nacelle/pylon join area. :D
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by MEATLOAFr »

nice builds
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!

Return to “Misc”