Brand New News from Round2

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
User avatar
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am
Location: Boundaries of Imagination

Brand New News from Round2

Post by Griffworks » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:00 pm

For those who've not seen this yet. It was posted today at 2:55pm.

http://www.collectormodel.com/round2-mo ... fX21F.dpbs
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by el gato » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:27 pm

I wish it would've included news about a new Cadet set. For Klingon fans, the re-release of the Vor'cha is welcomed news
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by SKO » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:26 am

I still don't know where the 1:750 scale designation for the Galor comes from. The original design length was 481 meters, same as the Vor'cha and the two kits are nearly identical length. It was scaled down to 372 m for some effects shots in DS9 but a 750 scale of a 372 meter ship would be 19 inches long.

Long story short I'm displaying that sucker w my 1/1400 fleet and I'm not changing my mind

User avatar
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am
Location: Boundaries of Imagination

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by Griffworks » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:34 am

Exactly. Well, sorta.

It's pretty close to 1/1000 scale at roughly 15.5"-is, using the 372m length. It should scale out to around 17"-ish. So, the one I recently purchased gets added to my 1k collection. And I'll purchase a second at some point, along with the Keldon-class conversion kit from FedMods.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by SKO » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:23 am

Griffworks wrote:Exactly. Well, sorta.

It's pretty close to 1/1000 scale at roughly 15.5"-is, using the 372m length. It should scale out to around 17"-ish. So, the one I recently purchased gets added to my 1k collection. And I'll purchase a second at some point, along with the Keldon-class conversion kit from FedMods.
It's my favorite game, Choose Your Own Scale!

But really it appears the DS9 licensing department used the same attention to detail as the DS9 VFX guys, who gave us a Defiant anywhere from 50 to 200 M, not to mention the ever-changing size of the station itself.

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by el gato » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:05 am

SKO wrote:But really it appears the DS9 licensing department used the same attention to detail as the DS9 VFX guys, who gave us a Defiant anywhere from 50 to 200 M, not to mention the ever-changing size of the station itself.
Shhhhh! Not so loud! The size of the Defiant is a sensitive topic 'round here... :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
RogueWolf
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Posts: 2412
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:49 pm
Location: NL, Canada

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by RogueWolf » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 am

el gato wrote:
SKO wrote:But really it appears the DS9 licensing department used the same attention to detail as the DS9 VFX guys, who gave us a Defiant anywhere from 50 to 200 M, not to mention the ever-changing size of the station itself.
Shhhhh! Not so loud! The size of the Defiant is a sensitive topic 'round here... :lol:
WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER WITH THEIR DEFIANT BLASPHEMY!!!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

User avatar
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 am
Location: Boundaries of Imagination

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by Griffworks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:50 am

“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by el gato » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:48 pm

RogueWolf wrote:
el gato wrote:
SKO wrote:But really it appears the DS9 licensing department used the same attention to detail as the DS9 VFX guys, who gave us a Defiant anywhere from 50 to 200 M, not to mention the ever-changing size of the station itself.
Shhhhh! Not so loud! The size of the Defiant is a sensitive topic 'round here... :lol:
WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER WITH THEIR DEFIANT BLASPHEMY!!!
Told ya! :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Brand New News from Round2

Post by SKO » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:05 pm

el gato wrote:
RogueWolf wrote:
el gato wrote:
Shhhhh! Not so loud! The size of the Defiant is a sensitive topic 'round here... :lol:
WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER WITH THEIR DEFIANT BLASPHEMY!!!
Told ya! :lol:
Hey I love the Defiant. I just don't know why it was so hard for the DS9 VFX crew to nail down something as simple as how big it and the station were.

Post Reply

Return to “Misc”