ISO: Instructions and decals for unknown vintage 1/537 Enterprise refit.

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: ISO: Instructions and decals for unknown vintage 1/537 Enterprise refit.

Post by zookman »

decals are for enterprise 1701-1 but easy to cut the -A off lol
dragon_werks
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by dragon_werks »

Thanks, Zookman! I'll take the kit decals too, if you don't need them. Now the planning begins.....
dragon_werks
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by dragon_werks »

I'll probably just build the A. I just want to build SONETHING!!! I have the biggest case of modelers' block right now...
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

dragon_werks wrote:I'll probably just build the A. I just want to build SONETHING!!! I have the biggest case of modelers' block right now...
This is a great way of unblock. Around 1996 I was away from modeling for 12 years and it didn't even pass around my head to get back to it. One day I was walking on the street when suddenly I passed in front of a shop window and there it was the AMT box kit of an Enterprise A from the movie ST IV. I didn't think twice: I walked into the store, bought the model and brought it to home. I never regret it. So you know that you are in the right way!

:)
Thanks,

Yan.
dragon_werks
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by dragon_werks »

This is what I did for 25 years, including my 18 year absence from plastic modelling...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_drac ... 2683919986
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

Very nice miniatures, Dragon werks. I took a near decade break from trek modeling. Thankfully after a few years of building and painting Warhammer 40k miniatures, I was able to get the spark back and really contribute to these forums. I'm even thinking of trying to make it to Wonderfest next year, though that still may be up in the air since I want to enter my 1/537 Saratoga (still in the box intimidating me) for it.

Contributing to the forum, for me, really gave me the final push to really get some models finished.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

dragon_werks wrote:This is what I did for 25 years, including my 18 year absence from plastic modelling...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_drac ... 2683919986
Well, after to see your miniatures I cannot imagine how in the world could you be blocked! Anyone able to paint small figures with such quality can surely do anything else in modeling!

:)
Thanks,

Yan.
dragon_werks
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by dragon_werks »

Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't done miniatures in roughly 7 years now. My hands and eyes just got too old & worn out. Plus the economy took a huge crap, and my client base dried up.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

dragon_werks wrote:Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't done miniatures in roughly 7 years now. My hands and eyes just got too old & worn out. Plus the economy took a huge crap, and my client base dried up.
Go to any popular Warhammer 40k or other popular miniature game forum and you will find plenty of work. Can't help ya with the eyes though. I may be dealing with that soon too. :-/
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

dragon_werks wrote:Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't done miniatures in roughly 7 years now. My hands and eyes just got too old & worn out. Plus the economy took a huge crap, and my client base dried up.
I hear ya twice... either for hands/eyes as well new economy. What can we do? These are both things that we are get used too. And as we aren't getting younger the things around aren't going to get better. This is our new reality I guess!

:?
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “Misc”