AMT/Ertl 1:650 TOS Klingon D-7

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

AMT/Ertl 1:650 TOS Klingon D-7

Post by Lonewolf » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:43 am

I went way off the reservation on this kit, and just had fun with it. The kit itself was received pre-built as part of a kitbashers collection. One warp nacelle had broken off, and although it had been primed, it was in need of TLC.

The backstory to the model is that it's an early-production D-7 that has been retired from frontline service, but is still good enough to serve one of the more minor houses of the Klingon Empire. The Ko'Duard family has a decent amount of power among the outer colonies of the Empire, enough to keep ahead of their nearest rivals. Compared to families in the inner Imperial planets, they are at about the level of a minor manager, but on the fringe they are a force to be reckoned with. Their D-7, IKC Bloodrunner, is antiquated, but it can still beat the snot out of most of the other ships in the sector. On a good day, she can make Warp 5 on a cobbled-together engine. But she's a tough nut to crack even if she's slow, as most of the funds spent on her have been allocated to weapons and shields. As her captain has been heard to say, she can't run fast or far, but with what she's got for armament, she doesn't have to run at all.

The kit was entirely brush-painted, and the photos were taken around 2005. The lines on the underside were done with toothpicks with a small bit of masking tape as a guide.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

trynda1701
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Re: AMT/Ertl 1:650 TOS Klingon D-7

Post by trynda1701 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:23 am

Very nice paint scheme, lonewolf. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) Reminds me of the FASA D-7 I painted up in Orion colours. Everything cool just looks cooler in black!

Mark
Fool me once, SHAME on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

British by law, SCOTTISH by birth!

Return to “Misc”