1/32 Bridge kit

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: 1/32 Bridge kit

Post by Lonewolf » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Check these out. Paulbo from Paragrafix said they're shipping the end of this month. MSRP is $38.95.

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/vie ... p?t=112153

Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:07 am

One less scope and adding the library computer would have been nice.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:04 am

I've been busy. However with Detcon1 and Maker Faire behind us I am getting back to the bridge model.

The chair base attached to some sprune and a funnel for making a mold of same. Yea we usually take parts off the sprune. The mold box is waiting to the rear.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:12 pm

ARISE NECROTHREAD AND DO MY BIDDING!!!!

A modeler friend from our local club passed away last year and we (the club) have been in charge of disposing of his stash. Looks like I'll end up getting this kit, but the late 90s release: All of the inaccuracies of the original with none of the vintage 60s/70s charm. Since I missed out on the 2013 release, I'll be paying through the nose to make this kit halfway decent.

Any new work on this Tesral?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:22 am

el gato wrote:ARISE NECROTHREAD AND DO MY BIDDING!!!!

A modeler friend from our local club passed away last year and we (the club) have been in charge of disposing of his stash. Looks like I'll end up getting this kit, but the late 90s release: All of the inaccuracies of the original with none of the vintage 60s/70s charm. Since I missed out on the 2013 release, I'll be paying through the nose to make this kit halfway decent.

Any new work on this Tesral?
DON'T!! My stash contains way more parts than I need. Like two of the older kits plus the new kit. I can get you the parts to complete the circle, at the least. Send me a list of what you need, private.

I have been itching to get back to this one. The corrected seat base is still in the box and I want to finish the whole seat before progressing. As I plan to cast this to keep from making a lot of seats I can pass on the benefits of that as well.

As to the bridge itself even the new kit is not great on fit. I was considering bolting a good deal of the thing together so it is easier to finish then assemble.

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:02 am

I pulled the beast from the basement. Ill handling has cost me a bit of progress. I had to re-glue the ring together, yes, it is under a bit of tension.

I found the pour spout for the chair base, and finding the chair base is next. I'll have to rebuild the mold box.

On looking at the chairs again I don't think they will require a great deal of modification. I considered a seat cushion, but that will mean shortening the chair base to keep the figure legs the right length.. I will put the black vinyl thing around the top with a bit of 0.010". Painting the seat area black should handle the cushion look.
chair1.png
The whole build is a big chicken/egg problem. If I attach the circle to a base, I cannot access the underside for non-glue attachment of the panels. If I don't I have the tension issue until I do and cannot put the center console in until a base is decided on. It needs a base. It is way too fragile without one. I discovered this with the first full circle I built in the 70's

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:40 am

Now that I have the ship shaken damage tacked back together the bridge floor is back to the starting point.

Topside, hopefully without my fat head shadow. It does make a circle, but this is not the bog standard build. Turbolift to the top.
bridgefloor1.png
The underside showing off the secrets. Turbo lift on the bottom. With the added brace due to changes.
bridgefloor2.png

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:55 am

Things are very different,

One: The Turbolift. I want it to be in compliance with the exterior. I need to build an alcove. I don't know if I like the McMaster's take on it.

Two: The Viewscreen. The kit part is wrong. I am scratch building this part to give me a more expansive screen. Lines like the Kongo bridge deck shown.

Three: That door next to the viewscreen. Again a Kongo thing to access the new areas forward of the bridge. I'm still up in the air about building the whole A deck on this. The area would include a briefing room, A Captain’s ready room and a decent head. Not quite enough space for a bowling alley.

Four: The Kongo has a station for the XO, it is to the right of the Captain inside the rail. Half an extra center console will be used for this. An early version of Opps.

Five: A decent library computer.

Six: The knee pockets under the center console.
Kongo 1710 Bridge.png

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:11 pm

If it weren't so pricey, the runabout interior set might have worked for you
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 pm

el gato wrote:If it weren't so pricey, the runabout interior set might have worked for you
Wasn't that 1/72 scale?

Return to “Misc”