Vulcan Shuttle Surak

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
tdwi66
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Re: Vulcan Shuttle Surak

Post by tdwi66 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:05 pm

I finally had a chance to get some decals put over the last two weeks. The decals for this kit are in a word....HORRIBLE!!! Delicate doesn't even begin to describe what these are. As you try to apply them they sometimes disintegrate on your fingers, and if they don't then, they will if you try putting setting solution on them. :( The best way is to put on one decal let it set and dry completely before moving on to the next one, and even then try not to contact the surface anywhere to avoid pulling a decal that may not be completely dry. Just to be safe I ordered to complete sets from Round 2, and I sure do need them. I'm waiting for the second set to arrive to get it done. Here is a picture of my progress to this point. Wish me luck the rest of the way.

Tom

MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Post by MEATLOAFr » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:09 pm

tdwi66 wrote:I finally had a chance to get some decals put over the last two weeks. The decals for this kit are in a word....HORRIBLE!!! Delicate doesn't even begin to describe what these are. As you try to apply them they sometimes disintegrate on your fingers, and if they don't then, they will if you try putting setting solution on them. :( The best way is to put on one decal let it set and dry completely before moving on to the next one, and even then try not to contact the surface anywhere to avoid pulling a decal that may not be completely dry. Just to be safe I ordered to complete sets from Round 2, and I sure do need them. I'm waiting for the second set to arrive to get it done. Here is a picture of my progress to this point. Wish me luck the rest of the way.

Tom

exactly why I scanned mine - encase I make mistakes or the screw up on me
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

tdwi66
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by tdwi66 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely going to do that when the next set arrives. I work with a lot of color printing equipment and could print some nice high quality duplicates. Thanks MEATLOAFr! :D

toejrb
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by toejrb » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:48 am

tdwi66 wrote:I finally had a chance to get some decals put over the last two weeks. The decals for this kit are in a word....HORRIBLE!!! Delicate doesn't even begin to describe what these are. As you try to apply them they sometimes disintegrate on your fingers, and if they don't then, they will if you try putting setting solution on them. :( The best way is to put on one decal let it set and dry completely before moving on to the next one, and even then try not to contact the surface anywhere to avoid pulling a decal that may not be completely dry. Just to be safe I ordered to complete sets from Round 2, and I sure do need them. I'm waiting for the second set to arrive to get it done. Here is a picture of my progress to this point. Wish me luck the rest of the way.

Tom

http://s912.photobucket.com/user/tdwi66 ... 1.jpg.html
That's really nice work; very clean.

Are you using the aztec decals?

tdwi66
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by tdwi66 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:39 am

Thanks a lot toejrb! Yes, I am using the aztec decals that come with the Round 2 version of the kit.

MEATLOAFr

Post by MEATLOAFr » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:50 pm

tdwi66 wrote:Yeah, I'm definitely going to do that when the next set arrives. I work with a lot of color printing equipment and could print some nice high quality duplicates. Thanks MEATLOAFr! :D
I already did - for anyone that need them

If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

tdwi66
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by tdwi66 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:30 am

Oh WOW MEATLOAFr!!! You are awesome, thanks!!!!!! Now I just have to get me some decal paper that I can run through a laser printer or a color copier. I'm going to put this aside for now because I have to concentrate on another project I have to get done in the next couple of weeks. Probably will get back to this after the holidays. Thanks again, you are the best!! :D

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Tom

tdwi66
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by tdwi66 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:27 am

I had to table this project for a while so I could tend to personal business and work on other projects. I have since stripped the warp sled down to the plastic and repainted everything including the RCS thrusters. I cut out the black rectangles from the decal sheets and put them in place on the yellow paint. It all came out quite well and I am almost finally finished. I have to come up with three decals to finish it up and I am hoping to have them very soon. I tried printing my own from scans that I made and those that were provided in this thread without much success. I cannot get the colors or the size to come out quite right. I understand that they were never going to be exact but, whatever printer I tried they didn't come close. I am providing pictures of where I am at and I hope you all like my progress so far.

Tom

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:36 am

Good to see this moving again. I need to get mine into paint.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

tdwi66
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by tdwi66 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Yes, it is good to be almost done with this finally, and yes you need to get yours painted. I would be interested with your progress. :) I hope to have an update in the next few days.

Return to “Misc”