Star Trek Adventures

Discuss 1/3900, 1/7000 and other miniatures here.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Star Trek Adventures

Post by DefiantClient »

Hey all, long time no see. Just wanted to see if anyone knows about or would like to know that a new tabletop Star Trek RPG has been released as of a few weeks ago. https://www.modiphius.com/star-trek.html The PDF is available immediately when you buy, so all you technically need to play is that and some cheap gaming dice.

I've been going over the rules this week with a friend and I have to say, Star Trek Adventures is a very streamlined and fun RPG. Can't really get too heavy into the rules, but the basic premise of the game is a 2 D20 system. You need to succeed at tasks and you always start with 2 D20. You can use a generated pool of chits called momentum to potentially get more dice to roll. You need to get a certain number of successes and to determine that, you combine a couple stats. For example, you could combine Command and Conn stats to make a standard maneuver with a starship. Let's say that combined number is 13, and the number of successes you need is 1. To succeed at the piloting maneuver, you need to roll the 2 D20 and if you get a result of 13 or lower (1's are good 20's are bad!) you succeed. there's a bit more to this, but this is the basic rolling mechanic and I really think it's great.

I'm planning on playing a game this Thursday and hopefully will be running a game in August or September. I'm planning on using my 1/2500 ship miniatures for my game, so I decided the first ship in my storyline will be the adventures of the USS Lexington. It should pick up a bit after the M-5 incident and Commodore Wesley is promoted to Admiral (my head canon, probably not actual canon.) I'm hoping to build some custom miniatures and terrain for my game, so maybe I'll post it all here when I get to it. For now, I hope this new game catches on and maybe gives some people (like me) inspiration to work on some projects.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Star Trek Adventures

Post by Tesral »

I don't know how many people actually know what Perry Rodan is. I do, I read many of the English translation paperback from the 70s.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “Gaming”