Alternate take on Classic Cadet Series Ships

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Alternate take on Classic Cadet Series Ships

Post by RogueWolf »

I'm working on three ships from the TOS era based on the ships from the TOS Cadet set of Romulan, Klingon and Federation ships.

The Romulan is gonna be a proto Warbird design with the bird head and top/bottom wings holding the nacelles. I already gave a sneak peak at this build here:
https://www.allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4646
She still needs some special work to make her unique.

The Klingon is gonna be a smaller, yet more robust version of the battle cruiser with a thicker neck, smaller head and main body with shorter nacelles. Also thinking of making a twin torp launcher on the head.

The Federation ship is gonna be smaller than the 1701, smaller saucer, different bridge and impulse engines, different and smaller engineering hull and smaller nacelles.

Overall design work is about 80% on each build, but still a lot more to go. I'll have some pics to post in the next day or two, all depends on if I can get back to the bench with all the New Years Stuff happening.
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Alternate take on Classic Cadet Series Ships

Post by Tesral »

:pics2:

Pictures or it didn't happen.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

patience my friend, good things come to those who wait...
Valar Morghulis
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Post by RogueWolf »

Ugh, I hate to start a thread and then leave it hanging but I've been so absent from the bench lately I figured that if I made a post promising pics then I'd have to keep my word. And I have.

The Romulan proto-Warbird. I say Warbird and not Bird of Prey as this is intended to be the precursor design to the D'deridex. So not exactly the same but you can see the early TOS lineage.
I still got a lot of work to do on her top and bottom hulls.

The Klingon K-13 class, this is my second Klingon design and I'm not sure what the hell I'm doing. But I gotta see it through to the end.
I wanted to keep this design more compact but still keep the Klingon design style. She's built for combat (aren't all Klingon ships?) but she's smaller to increase speed and tactical maneuvers, and has reduced weak points, like nacelle struts and a thicker armoured neck.
As with the Romulan, still a lot of work has to be done.

The Federation Erebus Class Light Destroyer, designed near the end of the Romulan War. The Erebus Class provides more of a security roll in the Federation, patrolling the boarders and responding to hot spots.
I'm not solid on the engineering hull just yet, she needs something to make her...different. Nacelle struts might be designed more along the Ent-B type, straight out from the hull with a 90 degree bend up to the nacelle.
The Nacelles are going to undergo a lot of work, this is just their "raw" shape.
Here is a size comparison shot so you can see the difference with a TMP era saucer and engineering hull;
Valar Morghulis
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

RogueWolf wrote:The Romulan proto-Warbird. I say Warbird and not Bird of Prey as this is intended to be the precursor design to the D'deridex. So not exactly the same but you can see the early TOS lineage.
I still got a lot of work to do on her top and bottom hulls.
I am still amazed at your ability to see various ships in random pieces of plastic. This looks better than my attempts at a proto-Warbird.
RogueWolf wrote:Image
Wherever you ultimately go with this design, please keep those nacelles. They're cool
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “1/2500”