3D Printing Crazy

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
WarpNein
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: 3D Printing Crazy

Postby WarpNein » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:29 am

ewg1967 wrote:Bessie got some love today.
IMG_6360.jpg

And she's an absolute dime. :D

Fantastic job on something that small.

Tesral
Anything Goes Admiral
Anything Goes Admiral

Postby Tesral » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:42 am

el gato wrote:
ewg1967 wrote:Bessie got some love today.

How did you replicate the "electric mucus" green?

More like infected mucus green. I've coughed up that color. It was not a happy color.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

ewg1967
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Postby ewg1967 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:53 am

el gato wrote:How did you replicate the "electric mucus" green?

I mixed several Vallejo acrylic greens till I got a color I felt looked nice and mucusy. Not sure of the ratio as I was winging it.

Tesral wrote:More like infected mucus green. I've coughed up that color. It was not a happy color.

LOL

Jason Abbadon
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby Jason Abbadon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:51 am

Very nice!
I have one of those in the hangar of my SW Flurry carrier.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:34 am

ewg1967 wrote:
el gato wrote:How did you replicate the "electric mucus" green?

I mixed several Vallejo acrylic greens till I got a color I felt looked nice and mucusy. Not sure of the ratio as I was winging it.

Hmm, calibration by Eyeball Mk I, eh?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

marcnoonan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby marcnoonan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 am

ewg1967 wrote:Painting has begun....
091F08B7-A042-43B5-9405-E6F88056E4A2.jpeg

If you hadn't noticed the Saturn 5 has lost the antennae on the top. It'll have been broken off during postage and should be in the zip-lock bag.

Gotta say that your painting skills are exemplary and your attention to detail is sublime....especially with the tiniest detailing and the Shuttle and Planet Express. It brings the models to a whole new level. When you've finished painting the NASA ones, do you mind if I use your pics (Planet express too) to add to the items on my Shapeways shop? If you enjoyed painting those I have about another 40 different 1/2500 small ships and fighters available from Trek, BSG, Stargate and especially B5.

Mine are all displayed just laid on my glass coffee table, looks great but it takes me over an hour to put them back after dusting. That involves a lot of very careful pushing by fingernail to get them all to line up. If I ever get round to painting mine I plan to stick each squadron onto little squares of acetate sheet so I've only got to re-postion about 20 sets, rather than 100 or so individually. I'll have to get dusting this week, been putting it off so long they look like they're in a Nebula.

DSCF2277 b.JPG

Cheers

Marc
My Shapeways Shop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/1/2500%2 ... e-products

Gallery
http://www.shapeways.com/designer/marcnoonan
If there's any model of anything you want that's not available anywhere.....send me a PM.

Jason Abbadon
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby Jason Abbadon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:20 am

Man! I know it's way too large for accuracy, but I SO WANT THAT DEADALUS! (It should only be 225 meters long by 95 across!)
(and the Roger Young, though it had a structural integrity of wet cardboard!)

marcnoonan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby marcnoonan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:03 pm

The Whitestar, Sulaco and Daeadalus are all spot on for 1/2500 for what was shown on screen, not the technical manual sizes. At 225m you couldn't even get a F-302 through the door, let alone park a 90m Wraith Transport in there with room to spare. There's a 120 page thread on Gateworld and using Sam (when she gets picked up in the hanger), the F-302's & Puddle Jumpers exiting and the Wraith Transport, as well as the hanger shots with rows of F-302s parked either side and they all came to around 570m. Bar, who modelled this, did it from the screen dimensions before the technical manual or wherever the 225m was stated. The Sulaco size has the same issue, at the stated 375m the Dropships don't fit through the hanger door as it's twice the size. The kit manufacturer got the size right with the 1/2400 model, maths seconded it and then some twat decided to put 375m in the book. So get yourself a Daedalus and know that maths is behind you and then you can get the F-302's to go with it and it'll look exactly like it does on screen.

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

There's only 1000 of each of the versions (radio tower) of the Yamato Roger Young. Took me 3 years to track that one down to a toy shop in Malaysia as I didn't want to pay the $400+ that the one available one was going for on ebay 8 years ago.
My Shapeways Shop

Gallery
If there's any model of anything you want that's not available anywhere.....send me a PM.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Are you referring to the Halcyon Sulaco and the Saltire Daedalus?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

marcnoonan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby marcnoonan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:41 pm

el gato wrote:Are you referring to the Halcyon Sulaco and the Saltire Daedalus?

Yes Sir. Aoshima also did a 1/2400 Sulaco which is the same size. Either the Aoshima or Halcyon one came with a scaled Dropship too.
My Shapeways Shop

Gallery

Return to “1/2500”