3D Printing Crazy

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
WarpNein
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

3D Printing Crazy

Postby WarpNein » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:58 am

I've gone a little nuts. I ordered Shiftdel's Tessera class cruiser and have now gotten hooked on 3d printing ships for my collection.

DSC02907.JPG

The Prometheus and the Luna

DSC02908.JPG

Again

DSC02909.JPG

Two little cruisers

DSC02910.JPG

DSC02911.JPG

The Odyssey. At 1028 meters, this thing comes out at a little over 16 inches

DSC02912.JPG

Odyssey and Prometheus

I've got a lot of work to do.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: 3D Printing Crazy

Postby el gato » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:11 am

It's addicting, isn't? We now have a whole new world that's opened for us

Can you provide links to the Odyssey and the two little cruisers?

I desperately want a Prometheus, but for once I'm being patient. I know Del has the master for it. I saw it in person when it was owned by DQ. It looks really good. I know MVM will release it when it is ready.
Last edited by el gato on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:32 am

can only imagine the cost for those, would love to have a few of them myself - but alas with wife's injury (let alone the pregnancy) and having to take so much time off for various Dr appointments, the fun things are out of the question for a while
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby andyh » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:42 am

I like the Prometheus, how much did that one cost?

Andy

marcnoonan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby marcnoonan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:42 am

Nice start and if you want to go really crazy with the 3D printed stuff...FUD's the way to go.....and kill your wallet three times quicker.

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0233.jpg

Although I'll freely admit to being a FUD snob....I have had amazing results with WSF too.

deskit2.jpg

Don't know what you mean about additive though, there's only a 100 or so (small because FUD's expensive) 3D printed ships in my collection ;)

B5 Collection b cropped.jpg

Marc
My Shapeways Shop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/1/2500%2 ... e-products

Gallery
http://www.shapeways.com/designer/marcnoonan
If there's any model of anything you want that's not available anywhere.....send me a PM.

peted79
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby peted79 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:41 pm

I am waiting for the Prometheus too since DQ announced it a few years ago. I think we'll have to wait a little longer because Del told me that the 3d-printed parts of the master don't fit well and he has to fix them...

WarpNein
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby WarpNein » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:52 pm

el gato wrote:It's addicting, isn't? We now have a whole new world that's opened for us

I desperately want a Prometheus, but for once I'm being patient. I know Del has the master for it. I saw it in person when it was owned by DQ. It looks really good. I know MVM will release it when it is ready.

These all came from NashStarShipyards on Shapeways. I just asked him to print the Odyssey and Luna at the necessary size. The little cruisers are the Reaven and Armada classes, though with their obvious Luna and Vesta components they're not really 2500-scale, but I liked them anyway. The Prometheus is very slightly oversized, but I can deal.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Now if I could just get someone to print me up an Ariel Class shuttlecarrier secondary hull in 1/1000 scale.

There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm

marcnoonan wrote:Don't know what you mean about additive though, there's only a 100 or so (small because FUD's expensive) 3D printed ships in my collection ;)

Marc

:drool:

WarpNein wrote:
el gato wrote:It's addicting, isn't? We now have a whole new world that's opened for us

These all came from NashStarShipyards on Shapeways. I just asked him to print the Odyssey and Luna at the necessary size. The little cruisers are the Reaven and Armada classes, though with their obvious Luna and Vesta components they're not really 2500-scale, but I liked them anyway. The Prometheus is very slightly oversized, but I can deal.

Thanks! I didn't realize Nashtar had an Odyssey...
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

mcb359
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Postby mcb359 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:27 pm

el gato wrote:

Same! Do I want one now or wait for what I know will be fantastic from MVM? At the very least, that will probably have decals. Question; did the master separate? A MVAM from MVM!?

Return to “1/2500”