3D Printing Crazy

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: 3D Printing Crazy

Post by el gato »

Del wrote:
el gato wrote:Honestly, I took Eric's word for it when he said there was a problem with it. I figured he was more edjumicated on this than I. But I will take on this challenge at WF. Should I bring in my magnifying visor?
It's, um, fairly obvious. I guess the worst problem is that you MUST choose a version to display - either all together or all separate. Since the pieces don't fit well, you cannot make it an articulated model displaying one way, and then moving it to display the other way. You have to make a decision during the build, and if it's to be one ship built together, then you MUST grind off some details to make the parts fit together. It just won't fit together as it sits now.
¿? But I held the master in my hand. I thought the pieces fit just fine...? I'm not doubting you that the problem is you must commit to how it's built.* I'm just realizing I'm so confused... Either I didn't understand Eric or I'm thinking of another master.

And no, I wasn't drunk at the time :P

* I'd be stupid for me to do so. You physically have the master and could take a look at it whenever you want. I'm going by some recollection from a couple of years ago when I had a brief encounter with the master
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh »

I've already made my decision, I'd build it permanently together. My 1/1400 one breaks apart and that's good enough for me :)

Andy
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

Why not have two. One built and one apart.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
peted79
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by peted79 »

a Prometheus-class (my favourite design), produced by Del with his outstanding decal-artwork...
...awesome...
Commodore Red
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Commodore Red »

And y'all talked me into it.....I just ordered a 2500 USS DEimos from Crazy Eddies............lol No longer a Shapeways Virgin.......
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

Lets see some pics when you have it. I will need one to go with my Phobos. :)
Commodore Red
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Commodore Red »

Sho nuff. I dont think there is enough documentation on the 3d printed minatures online a'tall mostly "Hey looky what I got" posts....very few finished models and zero WIP or how to pics on finisheing them
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

Scotchyn has a fair few on his photobucket library including his fleet of adversaries, Tholian, Hydran and Gorn.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Commodore Red wrote:Sho nuff. I dont think there is enough documentation on the 3d printed minatures online a'tall mostly "Hey looky what I got" posts....very few finished models and zero WIP or how to pics on finisheing them
To be fair, this is not entirely true. Some of us have posted what we've done with our 3D printed models
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

I couldn't wait any longer. I just placed an order with Shapeways.
Diemos (to go with my Phobos) and a BOP with wings straight.

Return to “1/2500”