Constitution MkIII & Variants - Alternate Paradigms debut kits

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
Alternate Paradigms
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Re: Constitution MkIII & Variants - Alternate Paradigms debut kits

Postby Alternate Paradigms » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 pm

No need to apologize. I understand completely. Family first, man :)
"Okay, if you're going to question the importance of an actor's signature on a plastic helmet from a movie based on a comic book, then all of our lives have have no meaning"

My Shapeways store: www.shapeways.com/shops/alternate-paradigms

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Postby Del » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:21 pm

The upper portion of the Connie MkIII is complete, minus some touchup and possible detail paint. Atlacatl in the background half-saucer decaled. Going to seal the Connie with Future and then apply the underside and windows tomorrow. Will keep working on the Atlacatl and Kaydee this evening so maybe I can get them clear-coated as well.

Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

MSgtUSAFRet
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Postby MSgtUSAFRet » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Looking good, Del!

Nice Job!

Steve

mophius
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Postby mophius » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Looks great so far Del. Understandable the delay with your RL issues, no need to apologise.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Postby Del » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:12 am

A little more progress. The kits come with two color options, but the Kaydee also comes with the third option of teal, just for the sake of variety.

Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

RogueWolf
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Postby RogueWolf » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:15 pm

These are so cool! I can't wait to see them finished... ;)
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Del wrote:A little more progress. The kits come with two color options, but the Kaydee also comes with the third option of teal, just for the sake of variety.

These look so cool! Love the color choices
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Alternate Paradigms
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Postby Alternate Paradigms » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:52 am

Del wrote:A little more progress. The kits come with two color options, but the Kaydee also comes with the third option of teal, just for the sake of variety.

Those look awesome! Great job Del, you've made Brian's design and my variants come to life.
"Okay, if you're going to question the importance of an actor's signature on a plastic helmet from a movie based on a comic book, then all of our lives have have no meaning"

My Shapeways store: www.shapeways.com/shops/alternate-paradigms

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Postby Del » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:15 pm

As an update without photos, I can say that progress is going forward. I hope to have these finished before my wife and I disconnect everything at our current house to move to the new house. We've been moving slowly, but I've left the workbench in place so I can continue to work on these builds. Next Thursday is when we get the U-Haul truck, so I have less than a week.

As a note of minor importance, I recently saw the bow of the ship from the photo in Starlog. Never saw that before. Looks like I need to change the large windows near the leading edge of the saucer. I hadn't seen it before, so I just made a guess, and while I was close, it should be changed.

As stated above, I have been making progress, so I hope to have more photos by tomorrow evening.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Postby Moongrim » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:48 am

Del wrote:As an update without photos, I can say that progress is going forward. I hope to have these finished before my wife and I disconnect everything at our current house to move to the new house. We've been moving slowly, but I've left the workbench in place so I can continue to work on these builds. Next Thursday is when we get the U-Haul truck, so I have less than a week.

As a note of minor importance, I recently saw the bow of the ship from the photo in Starlog. Never saw that before. Looks like I need to change the large windows near the leading edge of the saucer. I hadn't seen it before, so I just made a guess, and while I was close, it should be changed.

As stated above, I have been making progress, so I hope to have more photos by tomorrow evening.

Such dedication to detail, the mark of a True Modeler. Starlog eh? It's been awhile since I've picked up a copy- I'll have to change that status.
For what it's worth Del, if I were any where close to ya, I'd volunteer to help ya with the move. Good luck with that.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “1/2500”