Possible 2500 Projects from Round 2

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Possible 2500 Projects from Round 2

Post by Scotchyn »

While their was not an official announcement of anything new Trek wise from R2 this year, they have given us some hints about what they are thinking about for future releases.
On Sunday, R2 had a survey available so we could 'vote" on what some future projects might be.
For us 2500 folks the list was predictable except for one particular set

Akira Class(released as a single kit)
Excel, KBOP, and Oberth
and
NX-01, Voyager, and Constellation(yes the Stargazer)

so let R2 know what you think, shoot them an email and let them know what you would like to possible see next

https://www.round2models.com/contact

One last thing, also mentioned was a Galaxy Dreadnaught(All Good Things) and a Nebula. No scale was mentioned, but it was lumped together w/the 1/1000 choices, so their ya go
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Possible 2500 Projects from Round 2

Post by andyh »

Interested in the KBOP if it's in 1/2500 scale and not just a repop.

Andy
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Scotchyn »

it would be new...Angelo Bastanelli(sp) has been doing a lot of work for them, he was the designer of the Gizmotron line of models, so he already has the files digi files done as he did one several years ago
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Scotchyn wrote: Akira Class(released as a single kit)
Excel, KBOP, and Oberth
and
NX-01, Voyager, and Constellation(yes the Stargazer)

<snip>>

One last thing, also mentioned was a Galaxy Dreadnaught(All Good Things) and a Nebula. No scale was mentioned, but it was lumped together w/the 1/1000 choices, so their ya go
Were was I when this announcements was made?? Man, any and all of these choices in 2500 would be a treat, even if I already have some of these in resin.

Not to jinx things or anything, but if R2 has thrown it out there that they're considering the Excelsior Class, KBOP and Oberth as a new Cadet offering, the chances are really good that it's going to happen eventually.

Finally, it would be weird for R2 to announce a 1000 AGT Galaxy or a Nebula when there is no standard Galaxy Class kit in that scale. Read into that what you will.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Scotchyn »

They had a survey at their both on Sunday, yeah i really think that the Star Trek 3 set will probably happen....and yeah the Nebula and AGT Ent is very interesting
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Here is the message I sent to Round 2:
I am given to understand that R2 is thinking of creating: Constellation(Stargazer),
FJ Scout/Destroyer,
Battle Damaged Refit,w/Drydock,
Enterprise D in 1:1000,
K'Tinga in 1:350, Defiant, Voyager, Grissom/KBOP 2 pack. etc, The Nebula Class. I'd thought I'd let you know, that even at 51 years of age I still spend way too much money on this, and I plan to continue doing so until I die.
Which is why Federation Models amongst other garage kit manufacturers of Star Trek ships- get so much of my money.
Just saying...
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Scotchyn wrote:They had a survey at their both on Sunday, yeah i really think that the Star Trek 3 set will probably happen....and yeah the Nebula and AGT Ent is very interesting
The other thing that's interesting to me is that they're dangling a 2500 Cadet version of the KBOP when they already have a KBOP out as part of the repopped Adversary Set. They're obviously not afraid about cannibalizing their own sales. Would that mean they would entertain offering a properly sized 2500 scale Ferengi D'Kora? Probably not but one could always hope/dream
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

Yes, they do have one, but the KBoP in the Adversary set is 1:1400 scale, according to the box. It's 3.25 inches long, which is way too big for the Sacred Scale.

The Gizmotron kit of the Early Bird of Prey is only 1.5 inches long. I think I have couple of TMP-era BoPs as well, and they're about the same size.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
cosika321
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by cosika321 »

I would love to see the Excelsior/KBoP/Grissom set. While I would like to see both the NX-01 and Voyager done - they are both series hero ships, putting them together and adding the Stargazer just seems to be an odd combination.

Another one I would suggest would be a Klingon set, add the Qo'nos One (K'tinga with new decals) the KBoP and Vor'cha.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Lonewolf wrote:Yes, they do have one, but the KBoP in the Adversary set is 1:1400 scale, according to the box. It's 3.25 inches long, which is way too big for the Sacred Scale.
Did it? I'll have to go back and check. I'm not doubting you. It's just that I thought R2 was trying to pass this set (KBOP and Marauder) off as 2500

Return to “1/2500”